ARLINGTON, VA -- (Marketwire) -- 06/23/11 -- Main Event Caterers is thrilled to be recognized by The Alliance for Workplace Excellence (AWE) for the third year in a row, as a 2011 winner of the EcoLeadership Award. Main Event Caterers has received the EcoLeadership Award previously in 2009 and 2010.
'We are extremely proud of the talented group of people that make up Main Event Caterers. From our event designers to kitchen and warehouse staff, we have a fantastic team. We are deeply honored and congratulate our fellow 2011 winners,' said Nancy Goodman, Co-Founder of Main Event Caterers.
About the AWE Awards:
Applicants undergo a comprehensive evaluation process in order to be considered for these awards. The winners demonstrate outstanding commitment to balanced leadership and the overall success of their workforce. They are assessed in the following areas:
- Innovative corporate culture and management practices
- Family and employee-friendly policies and programs
- Strong health and wellness initiatives
- Employee growth and learning opportunities
- Commitment to corporate, social and civic responsibility
- Diversity and inclusion practices
- Flexible work environment
- Safety and security
This award recognizes employers demonstrating visionary leadership and an outstanding commitment to environmentally sustainable workplaces and efficient use of resources. To be considered for the EcoLeadership award, businesses must complete a comprehensive and rigorous assessment process led by an Independent Review Panel of academics and business professionals. Award-winning employers demonstrate commitment to environmental sustainability in the following categories:
- Waste Minimization: reducing the impact of waste in all business and production processes (i.e. recycling, equipment purchasing, printing)
- Water Conservation: reduction or re-use (i.e. faucet aerators, water efficient landscaping)
- Pollution Prevention: elimination of toxic and hazardous substances from the workplace and use of environmentally conscious products (i.e. non-toxic cleaning products, biodegradable soap)
- Environmentally-Conscious Travel: reduce or offset travel-related emissions (i.e. transportation incentives, carpooling board, electric, hybrid, or fuel-cell car rentals)
- Energy Efficiency: reduce energy use, streamline operations and contribute to healthier environment (i.e. alternative energy use, carbon offsets)
About Main Event Caterers:
Main Event Caterers is 100% wind-powered, carbon-neutral, and at the front line of recycling, waste management and employing alternative disposables. The company utilizes natural, sustainable sources for meats and seafoods and has a mandate for staff, clients, and suppliers to practice responsible environmental stewardship. Founders Joel Thevoz and Nancy Goodman provide community leadership by sharing their green practices and principals and serving as guest speakers to business and environmental organizations. Main Event Caterers also provides its 'black gold' compost for gardening and used cooking oil for vehicles using bio-diesel fuel to 'green' clients and neighbors at no charge. Main Event Caterers is noted for its sustainable catering and entertaining, and has been previously recognized as 2010 Caterer of the Year by Catering Magazine, as well as the 2010 and 2011 Winner for Best of Weddings by Popular Vote, by The Knot. The Arlington-based catering and event planning company is located at 3870 Four Mile Run Drive in Arlington, VA. For additional information and photography, go to www.MainEventCaterers.com or call 703-820-2028. Follow Main Event Caterers on Facebook and Twitter.
About The Alliance for Workplace Excellence:
The Alliance for Workplace Excellence provides a portfolio of services that allow employers to build excellent places to work. It created the Workplace Excellence and Health & Wellness Trailblazer Awards to highlight businesses that promote professional fulfillment and personal wellness at work, at home, and in the community. Launched in 2009, the EcoLeadership Award honors companies that recognize the importance of environmental sustainability. The Alliance is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization founded by Montgomery County, Maryland, and Discovery Communications. For more information, visit www.excellentworkplace.org.
Shay Carson Onorio
Blue Bug Digital