Energy use at a water or wastewater utility can be 30% to 50% of the municipality’s total electricity consumption, making energy sustainability a critical issue for operators, managers, and engineers alike. WEFTEC offers energy mentoring in small sessions, exposure to innovative start-up companies, dozens of presentations by the leading authorities in energy management, as well as a half-dozen hands-on workshops. Plus the world’s best exhibitors will be bringing technology from around the world for you to examine up close.
Innovating for the Future
- Find out how a Danish utility is achieving energy self-sufficiency AND nutrient removal at the same time.
- Examine how small plants in Wisconsin are generating energy like the big utilities.
- Recognize opportunities for renewable fuel generation including diesel and aviation fuel from biosolids, diesel fuel from FOG, and hydrogen production.
- Explore the latest in design and selection of high-efficiency blowers.
- Identify energy conservation opportunities at low or no cost.
- Incorporate methods to streamline operations and reduce power bills.
Communications & Outreach
- Learn how Green Bay, Wis., is generating energy via co-digestion.
- Let Downers Grove, Ill., show you how a midsize utility developed its roadmap towards energy neutrality.
- Share your experiences with utilities who are on the path to energy sustainability and discuss their successes and challenges in a small group setting.
This year WEFTEC is even more accessible to all attendees with our NEW pricing structure. Full Conference registration is $725 for members and $875 for nonmembers. That's more than $200 savings over previous years! WEFTEC is only 7 weeks away - Register today!