TOPIC: Managing Retailer Supply Chain Risks
Plenary Session 5 at Supply Chain Risk Management Forum
WHEN: Tuesday, March 29 2011 at 2:30 p.m
Priority Code: 3BL1
Philippe Richer, Deputy Director, Industry Canada
Isa Qureshi, Executive Vice-President and Chief Operating Officer, Qlogitek
In a highly competitive and traditionally low margin sector, it’s essential to have the right quantity of the right product at the right place at the right time, and cost effectively. In response to the retail sectors’ unique needs, Industry Canada partnered with the Retail Council of Canada to create a new industry analysis—State of Retail: The Canadian Report 2010.
This session will combine this leading edge report’s findings with case studies of key supply chain risk issues such as reverse logistics and collaborative planning, forecasting and replenishment (CPFR).
Find out how to:
- identify critical competitiveness factors
- use key financial and supply chain agility metrics
- make more informed investment decisions
- benchmark performance in relation to best in-class innovation, knowledge, and process management practices
- assess supply chain risk management indicators in non-consumer product manufacturing