(Reston, VA – June 7, 2010) Dan Purtell, Senior Vice President for BSI’s Supply Chain Security Solutions, will speak on supply chain security at the Maritime Council’s June 16 -17, 2010 event to be held at the Organization of American States. Entitled “Security of Global Trade and the Economic Impact on the Americas”, Dan joins other experts in supply chain security, including Todd Owen, Executive Director at the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Rear Admiral Kevin Cook from the U.S. Coast Guard and Ambassador Albert Ramdin, Asst. Secretary General of the Organization of American States. Secretary of Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano has been invited to give the keynote address.
The maritime industry faces numerous security challenges within the Americas and around the globe, requiring a sharper focus on the movement of cargo. This event, hosted by the not-for-profit Maritime Security Council, will explore supply chain security solutions that ensure transparency, accountability and increased security.
Considered one of the top supply chain security experts, Dan Purtell has conducted transportation infrastructure risk analysis in more than 45 countries. With over 25 years of experience, Dan is frequently consulted to educate corporations, government and insurance underwriters on issues threatening supply chains and ways to fortify security.
BSI’s Supply Chain Security Solutions’ portfolio offers state-of-the-art supply chain security tools coupled with BSI’s extensive field-based network of supply chain security assessment professionals. As a leading global provider of risk-based solutions, assessments, and training programs, BSI’s solutions are geared toward improving corporate efficiencies and protecting corporate brand. By incorporating proprietary global cargo tampering data and terrorism risk modeling to evaluate overall supply chain risk as well as the potential risk exposure of specific suppliers, BSI is able to provide maximum visibility and business intelligence to emerging markets and supplier practices worldwide. www.supplychainsecurity.com.
About BSI Group
BSI Group is a global independent business services organization that inspires confidence and delivers assurance to over 80,000 customers with standards-based solutions. Originating as the world’s first national standards body, BSI has over 2,500 staff operating in over 140 countries through more than 50 global offices. BSI’s key offerings are:
- The development and sale of private, national and international standards and supporting information that promote and share best practice
- Second and third-party management systems assessment and certification in all critical areas of management disciplines
- Testing and certification of services and products for Kitemark® and CE marking to UK, European and international standards. BSI is a Notified Body for 15 New Approach EU Directives.
- Certification of high-risk, complex medical devices
- Performance management software solutions
- Supply chain security solutions which identify and mitigate risks in supply chains
- Training services in support of standards implementation and business best practice.
BSI Group America Inc. is the Americas’ division of BSI