At Arrow Electronics, we measure and track compliance with numerous quality and regulatory standards at our 46 warehouse and processing locations.
- Thirty-four of our locations are certified as ISO 14001 compliant. The ISO 14000 environmental management standards exist to help organizations:
- Minimize how their operations (processes, etc.) negatively affect the environment (i.e., cause adverse changes to air, water or land).
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations and other environmentally oriented requirements.
- Continually improve in the above.
- Twenty-two of our locations are certified as OHSAS 18001 compliant. OHSAS 18000 is an international occupational health and safety management system specification.
- Fifteen of our locations are certified as R2 compliant for responsible recycling. The R2 standard is a voluntary, marketbased mechanism for ensuring best practices, which would also provide essential information/assurance to prospective customers. The standard builds on an ISO-style, Plan-Do-Check-Act management system as a platform, and integrates environmental, health and safety management, media sanitization, export and disposal restrictions, chain-of-custody accountability and transportation controls.
- Ten of our locations are certified as Recycling Industry Operating Standard (RIOS ®) compliant. RIOS provides a framework for a comprehensive, integrated management system that includes key operational and continual improvement elements for quality, environmental health and safety (QEH&S) performance for the recycling industry.
To read more about Arrow Electronics' Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability Report for 2015, please click here.