(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Pennsylvania Environmental Council:
WHAT: Dinner and awards ceremony honoring five environmental programs in Western Pennsylvania.
WHO:Former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Pennsylvania Environmental Council for his record of policies and programs in environmental management, regulation and conservation as governor.
Five local environmental programs being honored are as follows:
- Bradford Area School District – Bradford
- Giant Eagle, Inc. – Pittsburgh
- Kiski-Conemaugh “Stream Team” – Hollsopple
- Lake Erie Region Conservancy – Erie
- Westmoreland Conservation District – Greensburg
WHEN: Thursday, June 28.
- Dinner begins at 6:30 p.m.
- Awards ceremony begins at 7:30 p.m.
- Gov. Ridge is expected to speak at approximately 8:15 p.m.
WHERE: Westin Convention Center Hotel, downtown Pittsburgh
MORE: The Western Pennsylvania Environmental Awards recognizes and honors outstanding achievements of organizations, businesses, and individuals in a wide range of environmental initiatives throughout the region and pays tribute to those that have demonstrated a commitment to environmental excellence, leadership, and accomplishment in their respective fields.
The Western Pennsylvania Environmental Awards are co-sponsored by the Pennsylvania Environmental Council and Dominion.