The MAS Continuous Disc Filtration, also known as the “CDF”, is a revolutionary adaptive melt filtration system which can be easily integrated into any current extrusion line that is in need of superior contaminant removal.
The innovative CDF boasts many advantages over other continuous filters available today:
- The CDF removes up to 5% of soft contaminants such as Wood, Paper, Aluminum, Rubber and non-melting Polymers efficiently and continually.
- HUGE Filtration Surface- Available in 4 sizes to accommodate a full range of capacity from as little as 300Kg/h, to as much as 6,000Kg/h (polymer and finesse dependent).
- Automatic disc speed and scraper pressure adjustment keep a stable melt pressure. This increased melt pressure stability has shown to increase current extruder capacity greatly.
- A huge advantage of the CDF is that the discharge screw and the rotating disc work independently of each other. This allows the CDF and Screw to be set at different RPMs. This results in a massive advantage of minimal polymer loss and maximum contaminant discharge.
- Stationary Pressure Activated Scraper Design – The CDF knife scrapers are set to a fixed point on the rotating disc allowing the contaminants which are present on the disc to be immediately removed as they are brought to the knife. As a result the contaminants are not dragged across the filter screen by the knife as in other designs.
- Reusable Knife Design – The CDF knife/scraper is made of brass to prevent added wear to the screen during use. This brass scraper also has an added advantage as it can be easily sharpened as needed, thereby prolonging its life and needing fewer replacements.
- Ease of Use Clamshell Design allows for quick and seamless filter changes. In most cases a well-trained operator can change the screens in the smaller CDF in as few as 30 minutes with the provided conventional tools.
- Available Filter Finesse ranging from 90µm to 750µm depending on individual customer needs.