Moving Grate Waste to Energy Solutions
New for 2019 - a range of small scale waste to energy solutions aimed specifically at the waste management industry. Suitable for RDF and MSF waste streams.
We identified the need to provide an all-inclusive W2E system allowing serious waste management from storage and feed through to final conversion of the heat and gases into energy. From the technological and commercial standpoint this system represents proven delivery.
Each pre-designed stage/module of the system delivers formulated and regulated flows of Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF) with key characteristics, through each phase of the conversion, from combustion, gas emissions, heat regulation and finally the mechanics of turbine generated electricity. Natural bi products include significant heat and heated water.
Why use moving grate technology?
- The integral stepped inclined grate, which uses moving bars to move the waste down each of the grates is housed within the combustion chamber, fed by Inciner8 conveyors or autoloaders. This provides a carefully controlled environment for efficient operation.
- At the entry portal of the chamber a powerful burner ignites the RDF as it flows onto the grate. The combustion temperatures and waste flow are continually optimised.
- A separated air supply is provided to each grate section to provide the different conditions required for drying, oxygen input and temperature regulation.
- An automated deashing unit is synchronised with the waste flow and efficiently removes ash from the process, cleaning and clearing the moving grate through gravitational forces and temperature control of gases.
- The flow is critical for the subsequent modules in the W2E system, feeding a regulated waste flow and continuous gas volume.