Over 150 attendees learned about advanced engineering data management and GIS; protecting water supply assets through improved asset management; the vast benefits of hydraulic modeling; minimizing leakage in water distribution systems; and reducing capital expenditure through optimal rehabilitation planning of water networks. Case studies of recent GIS, asset management and hydraulic modeling projects in Malaysia were also presented.
'ESRI was pleased to participate in this important event for the Malaysian water community,' said Bill Shepherd, ESRI’s Strategic Business Development Manager for the region. 'We were excited to show engineers real world examples of ArcGIS technology as a strong foundation for hydraulic modeling, asset management, and operational planning for water utilities.'
The informative seminars were designed specifically to benefit water utility managers, planning engineers, hydraulic modelers, asset managers, and other water engineering professionals, giving them an opportunity to learn the latest practices, technologies and proven solutions related to water supply and asset management. The ultimate goal of the events was to empower attendees to design, operate and manage better and more cost-effective systems; protect the environment; and safeguard public health.
The seminars also spotlighted popular MWH Soft software, including:
- InfoWater - Complete ArcGIS-centric water distribution network modeling, design and optimization solution.
- InfoSurge - Advanced ArcGIS-centric hydraulic transient analysis for water distribution systems.
- InfoWorks WS - Platform-independent Workgroup Model Management solution for advanced water network modeling. Offers management of multiple models on multiple projects with comprehensive model data and audit tracking; interfaces with all CAD and GIS systems.
- CapPlan Water - Comprehensive water infrastructure condition and risk assessment software for use in optimizing capital improvement and rehabilitation projects.
- InfoNet - The complete water and wastewater system decision support system that lets users store, validate, review, clean, edit, analyze and manage infrastructure asset data in a single database.
“The turnout for the events was phenomenal,” reported Justin Hanson, MWH Soft Business Development Director for Asia Pacific. “We were able to demonstrate cutting-edge software tools and state-of-the-art engineering techniques to an enthusiastic community. Efficient and robust water systems are essential for a healthy and vibrant community. Proper management of these assets plays a critical role in designing, operating and maintaining these vital systems. These highly educational seminars gave every attendee new information they could apply immediately.”
About MWH Soft
MWH Soft is a leading global provider of wet infrastructure modeling and simulation software and professional solutions designed to meet the technological needs of water/wastewater utilities, government industries, and engineering organizations worldwide. Its clients include the majority of the largest UK, Australasia and North American cities, foremost utilities on all five continents, and ENR top-rated design firms. With unparalleled expertise and offices in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the MWH Soft connected portfolio of best-in-class product lines empower thousands of engineers to competitively plan, manage, design, protect, operate and sustain highly efficient and reliable infrastructure systems, and provide an enduring platform for customer success. For more information, call MWH Soft at +1 626-568-6868, or visit http://www.mwhsoft.com./