Welcome to the fourth NetRegs Update. These regular e-alerts will keep you informed about the latest updates to the NetRegs website.
- Updated machinery manufacture and fabricated metals guidance
Our guidance for manufacturers of machinery and fabricated metal products has been updated and restructured throughout.
Check your packaging responsibilities
We have updated and restructured our packaging guidance. Find out about yourresponsibilities and how you can minimise your packaging waste.
- Does your business burn fuels or materials?
We have restructured and improved our smoke, grit and dust guidance (previously titled ‘clean air’)
- New agricultural waste controls for Northern Ireland
From 31 July 2006, new controls apply to the storage, handling and disposal of agricultural waste in Northern Ireland.
- WEEE consultation
The government has published the final stage of its consultation process on the implementation of the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment directive.
- Do you produce, distribute or use batteries?
In July 2006 the European Parliament approved the new Batteries Directive. This will require the collection and recycling of all batteries placed on the EU market.
- Proposed changes to Northern Ireland waste legislation
There are new proposals that cover the illegal treating, keeping and depositing of waste.
- Could your business be causing a nuisance?
Changes to legislation mean that insects or artificial light from your business can now be considered a nuisance.