New Elevetor Tank manages Edinburgh Craig House rainwater
Craighouse Housing Development, Morningside, required the construction of a concrete stormwater attenuation tank.
The innovative New Elevetor Tank was the perfect solution for the job:
- A concrete tank has a 50-year lifetime;
- It is inspectable and visitable;
- The permanent formwork was installed by hand without using heavy-lifting equipment;
- No columns and beams were necessary thus avoiding relatively complex formwork construction and dismantling;
- The overall amount of concrete and steel was reduced compared to a traditional concrete structure.