O`Brien`s Response Management Assists Massachusetts` Recovery From Tornados
Debris Monitoring Teams Assist With Obtaining Maximum Eligible Federal and State Disaster Area Reimbursements
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL -- (Marketwire) -- 06/28/11 -- In the aftermath of a series of deadly tornados that swept through Massachusetts on June 1, 2011, O'Brien's Response Management (O'Brien's) staff are currently managing and monitoring debris cleanup in the region.
O'Brien's began operations in Massachusetts on June 4, and is currently assisting the cities of Monson, Springfield, West Springfield and Wilbraham. O'Brien's responded with professional management and supervisory teams and hired additional local employees for these projects in Massachusetts.
O'Brien's staff helps ensure that local municipalities receive the maximum eligible reimbursement from Federal and State governments after a disaster is declared. O'Brien's maintains a disaster debris data management system (Debris Tracker) that is designed to help to make certain:
- Debris documentation is properly categorized, organized, and stored.
- Critical information from every truck load of debris is captured.
- Original truck data is cross checked against contractor invoiced.
- Hauler invoices are audited and reconciled in a streamlined fashion.
- Debris operations are accurately tracked using GIS and other mapping technologies.
- Local governments gain the maximum reimbursement from Federal Emergency Management Agency and Federal Highway Administration by compiling necessary details for project worksheets and detailed damage inspection reports.
'Our professional debris teams are trained responders who focus on serving the communities where they are mobilized, helping to ensure maximum eligible funds to be returned to affected communities in the aftermath of a disaster,' said Rear Admiral Steve Branham (USCG Ret.), executive vice president of O'Brien's Government Services.
O'Brien's debris management specialists have monitored and documented the removal of over twenty-five million cubic yards of debris generated by hurricanes, tornadoes and ice storms throughout the United States. The team is known for maintaining and successfully expediting recovery, mitigating risks to public health and safety and maximizing eligible reimbursements through strict compliance with federal guidelines.
For additional information or to contact O'Brien's debris management team click here.
O'Brien's Response Management is a leading provider of crisis and emergency response services that help clients achieve maximum resiliency by enabling them to Prepare, Respond, Communicate and Recover.
News Media Contact:
Tel: +1 (281) 352-7740