DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4d3b26/handbook_of_water) has announced the addition of Elsevier Science and Technology's new report 'Handbook of Water Purity and Quality' to their offering.
This work provides those involved in water purification research and administration with a comprehensive resources of methods for analyzing water to assure its safety from contaminants, both natural and human-caused. The book first provides an overview of major water-related issues in developing and developed countries, followed by a review of issues of sampling for water analysis, regulatory considerations and forensics in water quality and purity investigations. The subsequent chapters cover microbial as well chemical contaminations from inorganic compounds, radionuclides, volatile and semivolatile compounds, disinfectants, herbicides, and pharmaceuticals including endocrine disruptors as well as potential terrorist-related contamination. The last chapter describes the Grainger prize-winning filter that can remove arsenic from water sources and sufficiently protect the health of a large number of people.
- Covers the scope of water contamination problems on a worldwide scale.
- Provides a rich source of methods for analyzing water to assure its safety from natural and deliberate contaminants.
- Describes filter that won the million dollar Grainger price and thereby highlighting an important approach to remediation.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Delineation of a Major Problem of Arsenic-contaminated Groundwater
3. Water Quality Issues in Eastern Africa
4. Effect of Human Development on Water Quality
5. Sampling and Analysis of Arsenic in Groundwater in West Bengal-India and Bangladesh
6. Forensic Water Quality Investigations: Identifying Pollution Sources and Polluters
7. Regulatory Considerations to Ensure Clean and Safe Drinking Water
8. Microbiological Threats to Water Quality
9. Monitoring Inorganic Compounds
10. Radionuclides in Surface Water and Groundwater
11. Volatile and Semivolatile Contaminants
12. Monitoring Disinfectants, Marhaba Taha
13. Review of Reconnaissance Studies of Selected Herbicides and Their Degradation Products in Water
14. Monitoring of Pharmaceutical Residues in Sewage Effluents
15. Monitoring Terrorist-related Contamination
16. Groundwater Arsenic Removal Technologies Based on Sorbents: Field Applications and Sustainability
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4d3b26/handbook_of_water