WALLDORF, Germany, March 26, 2012 /PR Newswire/ --
SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today released its 2011 sustainability report, targeted at customers, partners, employees, shareholders and the public. The new report covers the company's innovations in the areas of software for energy management and sustainable operations, its own transformation into a more sustainable company and its social investment strategy. Available at www.SAPSustainabilityReport.com, the report is linked and published concurrently with the 2011 Annual Report. Most importantly, it features enhanced capabilities for engaging with readers, from interactive charts and exciting stories of business transformation to a mechanism that allows readers to communicate what matters to them.
The 2011 sustainability report:
- Shows the impact SAP® software has on the world, including solutions for energy and environmental management, sustainable supply chain, operational risk management, sustainable workforce and sustainability reporting and analytics.
- Explains how SAP increased its own carbon efficiency for the fifth consecutive year, avoiding cost of EUR 190 million since 2008.
- Highlights how SAP increased employee engagement by nine percent in just one year.
- Introduces a global target to increase the ratio of women in management positions to 25 percent by 2017.
- Includes both financial and non-financial information as SAP moves towards more integrated reporting.
- Details how SAP's social investment strategy impacted 1 million lives in 2011.
- Is backed up by rigorous standards of data collection and transparency, specifically the enhanced scope 3 GHG emissions protocol.
- Achieved a GRI A+ rating by the Global Reporting Initiative.
- Allows people to share feedback, ideas and inspirations both in the report and through social media.
'Our new report marks an important milestone on our journey to helping the world run better and improving people's lives,' said Peter Graf, chief sustainability officer, SAP. 'As a company founded and thriving on the concept of innovation, we are excited about helping more and more companies run more profitably and sustainably around the world - including our own. We are proud of the positive recognition we have received for our efforts from the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes, Carbon Disclosure Project, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and others, and look forward to the ideas and inspiration from the readers of our new report.'
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP (NYSE: SAP) helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable more than 183,000 customers (includes customers from the acquisition of Sybase) to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. For more information, visit www.sap.com.
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as 'anticipate,' 'believe,' 'estimate,' 'expect,' 'forecast,' 'intend,' 'may,' 'plan,' 'project,' 'predict,' 'should' and 'will' and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP's future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ('SEC'), including SAP's most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
© 2012 by SAP AG. All rights reserved.
SAP and the SAP logo are registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and other countries. Business Objects and the Business Objects logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Business Objects Software Ltd. Business Objects is an SAP company. Sybase and the Sybase logo are registered trademarks of Sybase Inc. Sybase is an SAP company. Crossgate is a registered trademark of Crossgate AG in Germany and other countries. Crossgate is an SAP company.
Follow SAP on Twitter at @sapnews.
For customers interested in learning more about SAP products:
Global Customer Center: +49 180 534-34-24
United States Only: 1 (800) 872-1SAP (1-800-872-1727)
SOURCE SAP AG