Monterey, CA -- Sierra Instruments, following in their commitment to drive innovation that creates value for customers, is excited to announce they will feature their new flow meter gas mixing software package at ACHEMA in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, June 15-19. The live demonstration will show visitors why “qMix™” software is unlike anything available on the market for industrial mass flow meters.
Now included with every QuadraTherm 640i/780i thermal mass flow meter on a beta trial basis, qMix is a user-customizable gas mix feature that allows you to create custom gases or gas mixtures to compensate for gas compositional changes in the field. Use qMix when the gas composition changes in the pipe or when moving the meter to another location with a different gas composition.
The major benefit is that now for the first time with thermal technology, you can retain accuracy without returning your thermal mass flow meter to the factory. If your flow meter is used in industries such as biogas or oil & gas, where gas compositions change over time, you will no longer need to send your meter back to the factory for gas recalibration every time your gas changes.
Watch How qMix Works Video
Key Customer Benefits
Through an easy-to-use software interface, qMix allows you to:
- Field adjust and maintain flow meter accuracy if gas composition changes
- Avoid costly recalibration: once qMix has been installed, no need to send unit back to the factory if gas composition changes
- Create and upload unlimited gas mixtures onto one meter–free of charge
- Save custom gas mixtures onto your personal “My Gases Database” for later use
- Benefit from Sierra’s proprietary, ever-improving qTherm “Gas Database” to download more accurate gases
Achema is a world-renowned forum for chemical engineering and the process industry. The most cutting-edge companies of the world will attend to showcase their latest products and technological advancements. Sierra is proud to exhibit at the show. Attendees at ACHEMA are invited to visit Sierra booth E2 in Hall 11.0 for a live demonstration of the qMix gas mixing feature.