GEORGETOWN, ON -- Solinst Canada Ltd., manufacturer of high quality groundwater and surface water monitoring instrumentation, is proud to announce the 2011 Symposium on Enhanced Monitoring and Remedial Methods for Contaminated Groundwater.
Following the success of their 2009 and 2010 Conferences, this is the third Symposium to be held at their office, located in Georgetown, Ontario Canada. The 2011 Symposium will run from October 27th to 28th, and will feature the following guest speaker lineup:
- Rick Devlin, University of Kansas – 'Assessment of Groundwater Velocity Measurements with PVPs'
- Jim Barker, University of Waterloo – 'The Capillary Fringe: Monitoring and Remediation in this Neglected Zone'
- Gary Wealthall, GeoSyntec – 'Characterizing DNAPL Source Zones for Remedial Performance Assessment'
- Ryan Wilson, AMEC – 'Treatment Performance Assessment using Conventional Wells and Multilevel Transects'
- Rick McGregor – 'The Effect of Heterogeneity and Delivery Methods on In Situ Remediation'
- Kirk Hatfield, University of Florida – 'Monitoring Water and Contaminant Fluxes in Surface, Subsurface, and Hyporheic Systems'
The Symposium will provide attendees with an opportunity to discuss and learn about the latest in monitoring and remediation strategies and applications. Throughout the two days of the Symposium, Solinst technical staff will be available to provide demonstrations and answer any questions about Solinst equipment. The 2010 Symposium sold out early – so sign-up now! Registration forms can be downloaded from the Solinst website at http://www.solinst.com/Symposium2011/, or call to register at 905-873-2255.
To view the full Symposium agenda, including speaker bios, as well as hotel and registration information and past conference highlights, visit: http://www.solinst.com/Symposium/
About Solinst Canada Ltd. Solinst has been dedicated to providing clients with high quality groundwater and surface water monitoring instrumentation for over 25 years. They offer a broad range of practical equipment used by hydrogeologists and hydrologists around the world. The product line features: Levelogger® Dataloggers, Telemetry Systems, Water Level Meters, Interface Meters, Peristaltic Pumps, Drive-Points, Groundwater Samplers, and Multilevel Groundwater Monitoring Systems. Their professional staff includes experienced hydrogeologists and engineers. They provide exceptional customer service, and leading-edge instruments designed for repeatable accuracy, ease-of-use, and durability.