Designed to meet the growing needs for water clarification and solids dewatering in the extractive industries, the CentriPod system comes in two specially designed containers enabling easy transport and installation and can be operational within few hours from arrival on site, providing that all services are available.
The system incorporates the expertise and technologies of three leading companies:
- Environment Division of Baioni Crushing Plants SpA
- Manvers Engineering Ltd
- Mudtech Ltd
Three companies after a long association with one another in the silt and water reclamation processes, have agreed a joint venture for the production of the CentriPod centrifuge system to be manufactured in the Baioni works in Italy, using the latest manufacturing techniques.
The CentriPod system uses the Baioni high performance BaiDec centrifuge, together with the Manvers operator friendly touch screen control panel, allowing the operator to visually see all processes in operation. The system comes with its own integrated tanks polymer unit, allowing infinite control of flocculent dosing and the operator to deal with varying silt inputs.The three companies after long association with one another in the silt and water reclamation processes, have agreed a joint venture for the production of the Manvers Pod centrifuge system to be manufactured in the Baioni works in Italy, using the latest manufacturing techniques.
The models which are going to be available are the CentriPod 47L, the 62L and the 47L. They have a hydraulic capacity of 42.000 lt per hour and a dry solids capacity of 9 tonnes per hour, while the 62L has a capacity of 87.000 lt/h and solid output of 18/20 tonnes per hour.
With the increasing demand for water reclamation and silt disposal from recycled aggregates, sand and gravel operations, the restrictions of running silt to silt lagoon storerage taking up large land areas. The limited and very expensive liquid silt disposal, all adds up to costly operating costs. With the CentriPod system units reclamation of water for reuse in washing plants or safe disposal and the reclamation of the silt to solids, allowing the transportation without further release of water.
CentriPod centrifuge system comes in two purpose made containers, one housing the BaiDec decanter and one housing the polymer dosing unit.
- Centrifuge: Baioni decanter BaiDec 47L or 65L high performance model.
- Feed pump: fitted in its own built cradle it is suited for any application. The pump is a well known industry standard Warman centrifugal type.
- Control panel: a 15-inch touch screen control with full graphic display allowing complete visual control of centrifuge speeds, flow of feed pump and polymer pump ranging from 0 to 2 cube meter per hour.
- Flow meter: Siemens flow meters are fitted in line for the feed pump delivery and for the polymer pump delivery. Both flow meters can ben easily read form the control panel screen or the actual flow meter display.
- Polymer dosing system: availabe in two versions: using liquid polymer or dry polymer.
- Quick connections: arranged on the outside of the container units, this enables easy connection of all services, sludge supply electric water.
- Hydraulic system: platform extends for operation and retracts for transport needs.
- CCTV camera: installed above the two polymer pots.
- Lighting system: allows accurate works at night.
Engineering excellence drawing from combined experience of industries and activities including:
- sand and gravel production.
- contaminated land remediation.
- oil, gas and mineral exploration.
- tunnelling with associated slurry treatment techniques.
- quarrying, mining and recycling.
- large and small civil engineering projects worldwide
- pipeline projects in difficult conditions.
- river crossings and work near sensitive environmental receptors.
- soil washing.
POLYMER PREPARATION SYSTEM
The polymer dosing and mixing system mounted on CentriPod centrifuge system is available in two versions.
Manual control when using liquid polymer, the 2-pot version allows for a quick change of flocculant concentration, mainly useful when infeed materials change in nature. The inverter controlled polymer pump allows to pump from 0 to 2 cube p/hour.
Automatic control when using dry polymer (powdered), the 3-tank system allows for the full concentration of the flocculants to be set up and flow automatically, mainly used with aggregate and recycling plants when feed materials are more constant. The flow again is controlled by inverter operated pump allowing from 25 cube to 4 cube p/hour.