Valeport attending Challenger Society Conference 2018
Valeport will be attending The Challenger Society for Marine Science Conference 2018, being held at Newcastle University in Newcastle Upon Tyne UK. The conference covers all aspects of Ocean Research and Valeport is pleased to be one of the key sponsors for this year's event.
The conference is being held over 4 days from 10th-13th September 2018 (with an ice breaker reception being held on the evening of the 10th) and has been organised by the Newcastle University.
The 2018 Challenger Conference promises to provide a fantastic showcase of marine science and technology, covering all areas of ocean research.
Alongside the formal conference programme there will be early career events and education & outreach opportunities that continue the ongoing contribution of this conference series to the next generation of marine scientists.
There are also a range of special interest group and community meetings taking place during and after the conference, details of which will be available on the Conference Website.
Inspirational keynote lectures are offered for each of the sessions.
Session themes are as follows:
- Oceans and climate: tantalising new future predictions.
- From physics to fish: ecosystem interactions and physical controls.
- The power of microbes: microbial biogeochemistry, processes, mixotrophy etc.
- Fuel for ocean life: nutrient sources, limitation, controls, importance / geochemistry.
- Technology and instrumentation: Innovation in autonomy and remote data acquisition.
- The rising tide of human impact: Plastics, pollution, large to nano-scale impacts.
- Sequencing the seas: The potential and limitations of eDNA for marine science.
- The marine extremes: From polar, chemosynthetic, and deep environments.
- On the sea shelf: physics, biogeochemistry and biology on the continental margins.
Valeport are the UK's leading manufacturer of Oceanographic, Hydrographic and Hydrometric Equipment. Products such as Wave Recorders, Tide Gauges, Sound Velocity Profilers and Echosounders offer a wide range of Marine Science Technology that is essential to Harbour Authorities, Marine Research, Universities and Renewable Energy companies.