First broadcast: February 18, 2015
Speakers: Steven P. Sittler, P.G. Senior Project Manager KERAMIDA Inc. and Barry Poling, Central Region Manager REGENESIS
While enhanced reductive dechlorination (ERD) has become an accepted and successful remediation approach, these projects are often not as simple as they might seem. In order to achieve optimal performance at ERD sites, project managers need to carefully consider the strategic planning, design and injection of electron donor materials and specialized bioaugmentation cultures into targeted areas.
This new webinar event features a presentation from Mr. Steven Sittler, a recognized, Senior Project Manager at KERAMIDA Inc., and his experiences optimizing ERD at a number of recent commercial sites. He discusses the challenges, strategy and planning that went into some of his projects as well as highlights successful sites where he biodegraded cVOCs such as tetrachloroethene (PCE) and trichloroethene (TCE) within 8-12 months. Mr. Sittler also addresses the topic of daughter products, what role they play in the ERD process and their effective treatment.
In addition, Mr. Sittler discusses following topics:
- Fundamentals of Enhanced Reductive Dechlorination (ERD)
- Keys to developing successful ERD injection designs (using both electron donors and bioaugmentation cultures)
- Pre-injection sampling recommendations
- Proper injection techniques and procedures
- Daughter products and how to deal with them
- Case histories of successful ERD applications
Mr. Barry Poling, Central Region Manager at REGENESIS, also provides his insights on how REGENESIS Solutions can be used to achieve ERD.
To view a recording of the webinar, click here.