Pulsar - Model Sludge Finder 2 - Sludge Interface Monitor
Pulsar's Sludge Finder 2 is a versatile and reliable solution to measuring interface levels in primary or secondary settlement tanks and Sequencing Batch Reactor (SBR) systems. A self-cleaning transducer removes the need for regular inspection. Programming Sludge Finder 2 is simple, all you need to do is enter the operating parameters via a menu driven operator interface and then Sludge Finder 2 automatically tracks to the blanket interface using proven echo processing techniques.
- Continuous single or dual channel level control choice
- Self-cleaning transducer removes need for regular inspection
- SBR tank applications can be monitored
- Easy set-up via a drop-down menu on a large clear display
- Unit can track two different echoes with one transducer and output two 4-20mA signals one for each interface
- Optional Radio Telemetry System may be fitted with a 3km (1.86miles) line-of-sight range. Up to 48 Nodes can be used using a 'Multihop' receiver installation.
The unique Viper transducer is immersed in the liquid and emits a high frequency ultrasonic pulse down towards the sludge interface. This pulse is reflected from the interface of the denser material back to the Viper transducer face. This echo is then analysed by the Sludge Finder 2 controller unit and provides a depth reading and an analogue output proportional to the height of the interface above the vessels bottom.
Sludge Finder 2 can also be set up to display two interface points and control the process via the echo profile returned from the transducer. One of the primary benefits of this feature, is that Sludge Finder 2 has the ability to monitor sludge interface levels of differing densities. This feature could reveal a high level of FLOC spilling, causing pollution and unit can output two isolated 4-20mA signals, one for each interface.
- Primary and secondary settlement tanks
- Clarifiers and reactor clarifiers
- Stationary and travelling bridge applications
- Gravity thickeners
- DAF thickeners
- Sequentional batch reaction (SBR) tanks
- Industrial process thickeners
Wall Mount :
- External Dimensions : 235 x 184 x 120mm (9.25 x 7.24 x 4.72in)
- Weight Nominal : 1kg (3.3lbs)
- Enclosure material/description : Polycarbonate, flame resistant to UL94-5V
- Cable entry detail : 10 cable entry knockouts, 5 x M20 and 1 x M16 underside, 4 x PG11 at rear
- Transducer cable extensions : 2 x twin pair with overall screen
- Maximum separation : 200m (656ft) from transducer to transceiver
- IP Rating (Wall) : IP65
- Max. and min. temp. (electronics) : -25ºC to +55ºC (-13ºF to +131ºF)
- CE Approval : See EC Declaration of conformity
- UL/CUL Approvals : Certificate Number E257330 - UL Approval certificate/ CUL Approval certificate
SONAR (INTERFACE) PERFORMANCE
- Accuracy : 0.25% of the measured range or 10mm (0.39in) (which ever is greater)
- Resolution : 0.25% of the measured range or 10mm (0.39in) (which ever is greater)
- Max.range : 10m (33ft)
- Min. range : 0.3m (0.98ft)
- NB : Please refer to separate literature for dB transducer performance if using an ‘air’ application.
- Viper material : Body in black Valox 357 with a 316 wiper blade and shaft
- Analogue output : 2 off Isolated output (to 150V) of 4-20 mA or 0-20 mA into 1kΩ. (user programmable and adjustable) 0.1% resolution
- Serial output : Half Duplex RS232
- Volt-free contacts : 6 form 'C' (SPDT) rated at 5A at 110V AC
- Display : 192 x 128 pixel illuminated graphical display.
- Fully programmable display options. Integral keypad with menu navigation keys
- Radio Modem (optional) : 4–20mA using wireless exempt frequencies (More information included in the Radio Telemetry System document.)
- Maximum range : 3km (1.86miles) line of site
- Communication bus (optional) : RS485 Modbus RTU/ASCII or Profibus DP V0 or V1
- On-board programming : By integral keypad
- PC programming : Via RS232 RJ11 port
- Programming security : Via passcode (user selectable and adjustable)
- Programmed data integrity : Non-volatile memory
- Power supply : Universal 100-220VAC 50/60Hz DC 22-28V 14W maximum power (typically 11W) Fuse 2A slow blow