2H BIOdek - Vertical Flow Fills
BIOdek vertical flow fills form vertical channels and have open interfaces. Thus the sludge of thick biofilms does not accumulate and solids are easily expelled. The fill’s reinforced edges increase the bearing capacity and give a high resistance to erosion.
Trickling filters and submerged fixed beds must have a balance between the new growth of biomass and the surplus sludge discharge. For higher organic loads due to strong growth of biomass, BIOdek vertical flow fills have been designed. Their vertical channels in form of hexagon tubes facilitate the sludge discharge by water- or air flushing.
In all sewage treatment processes, the weight loads by biofilm and water as well as the fill depth have to be considered. Our fills can be designed for permanent loads up to 10.000 kg/m². The design procedure is TÜV certified.
Features of BIOdek Fills
BIOdek fills are resistant to rot, fungi and most dissolved chemicals. They are UV-stabilized. The fills are supplied as complete modules or – for bigger projects – as foils for assembly on site. Our welding technology is environmentally friendly as we do not need to use any solvent-containing adhesives.
Design and engineering support
Optimized operation parameters and a reactor configuration adapted to the fills increase the treatment efficiency. Make use of our experts’ long years of experience and contact us for design and engineering support.
- High operation reliability : Limits the accumulation of solids and thick biofilms
- Optimum solids discharge : Due to vertical channels and open interfaces
- Self-supporting structure : High bearing capacity with variable sheet thicknesses
- High resistance to erosion : Provided by double folded edges or reinforced PP edges
- Low pressure drop : Due to vertical direction of all channels
- Long service life : Due to chemical, bacterial and UV resistance of PP and PVC