Model 4000 - Configurable Photometric Analyzer
From UV Vis
AMETEK' Process Instruments Model 4000 Photometric Analyzer is a proven choice for reliable, accurate, continuous, online photometry measurement. It is the only photometric analyzer on the market with over 40 years of actual field experience in thousands of applications. The Model 4000 was initially developed to fill various process and environmental measurement needs within the chemical industry, and later the applications were expanded to include a wide variety of other industries.
The world-renowned reliability of the Model 4000 has led to the automation of many process measurements that were previously only possible through laboratory analysis. Virtually every industrial sector is using a Model 4000 to monitor and control critical process parameters. Petrochemical, pulp and paper, food processing, chemical, metal refining, oil refining, gas sweetening, power generation, fertilizer manufacture, film coating, and wastewater treatment are only some of the industries currently utilizing the Model 4000.
The rugged and elegantly simple design of the Model 4000 enables it to provide decades of online service. It is not uncommon for our customers to experience more than 30 years of operational service, even in the harshest of process applications and environmental conditions.
- High sensitivity, accuracy and repeatability
- No moving parts
- High temperature performance
- Wide range of processes analyzed
- Simplified sampling process
- Resistant to errors caused by contamination or bubbles
- High temperature configurations (up to 538° C)
- High pressure configurations (up to 2200 psig (15 MPag))
- Sample wetted materials change per application
- Built-in optical filter for on-line performance verification
(Based on factory calibration and customer stream data)
- Speed of Response: Standard photometer response less than 1 second. Total response depends on sampling system.
- Output: Linear with concentration; adjustable
- Standard Output: Linear with concentration; adjustable
- Photometric Precision:*: ±0.5% full scale
- Photometric Accuracy:*: ±1% full scale
- Zero Drift:*: Less than 1% full scale in 24 hours for most applications
- Noise Level: Typically less than 0.5%
- Absorbance Span Ranges: 0.05 to 3.0 absorbance units
- Wavelength Ranges: 214 to 975 nanometers
- Standard Lamps: Metal-vapor discharge or tungsten filament light sources
- Standard Detector: Photodiodes
- Calibration: Optical filter and/or standard samples
- Zero Standardization: Manual or Automatic
- Sample Temperature Range:*: Up to 538º C (1000º F)
- Maximum Allowable Pressure:*: 350 kPa (50 psi) gauge standard; up to 15 MPa (2200 psi) gauge available.
Typical Flow Rates
- Gas: 2.5 L/min
- Liquid: 100 mL/min
- Cell Construction: Standard body material is 304 stainless steel, other materials available; standard
- windows are quartz.
- Pathlengths: 0.05 to 1000 mm (0.002 to 40 in.) standard; other lengths available. Cell pathlength established at factory.
- Operating Environment: -7º to 52º C (20º to 125º F)
- 90% RH maximum, noncondensing
- IEC Pollution Degree 2
- Maximum elevation: 2000 m (6560 ft.)
- Electrical Classifications: NEC/CEC Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C, D, T6 to T4 CE
- Allowable Line Voltage Variation: 95 to 130 volts, 50/60 Hz
- 190 to 260 volts, 50/60 Hz
- Power Requirement: Typically less than 300 W. Also refer to Customer Drawing (CD) Package and 4000
- Controller Supplement.
- Standard Model: Housings for lamp, sample cell, and photometer are separate units of cast aluminum with gasketed covers. Power supply housing (a painted steel NEMA 1 general-purpose enclosure) and controller are designed for panel mounting and are suitable for control room installations. The controller is also available in rack, surface, and NEMA 4X configurations.
- Explosion Proof Model (optional): The analyzer field unit is designed for use in Class I, Division 1, Group C, D or certified to ATEX II 2 G EEx de m ia IIC T6 to T3. The 4000 Controller may be supplied in an ATEX II 2 G EEx d IIC T6 enclosure on special order. The power supply is only suitable for non-hazardous and Class I, Division 2 area installations.
- Options Available: Hundreds of options are available, depending on your needs. The basic sample system can be augmented to fit your particular process requirements.
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 900 x 700 x 300 cm
- Weight: 42.5 kg
* Typical for most applications.
From the basic analyzer to fully equipped analyzer shelters, AMETEK has built it all. The Model 4000 can be configured for any location across the world, from a general-purpose installation to a NEC Class 1, Division 1 installation for the Middle East to CENELEC Zone 1 systems for Siberia. We have the knowledge
and ability to meet any on or offshore installation need. The Model 4000 also has CE, CSA, and UL markings signifying it’s electrical safety and EMI/RFI code compliance.
The 4000 Controller may be supplied in an ATEX II 2 G EEx d IIC T6 enclosure on special order.
The power supply is only suitable for non-hazardous and Class I, Division 2 area installations.
- Chlorine Purity/Chlorination Processes
- Fluorination Processes
- Phosgenation Processes
- Impurity Monitoring
- Pulp & Paper Bleaching
- Color of diesel, gas, or wastewater
- Toxic and Flammable gas/liquid analysis