Model 4 - Adsorbent Air Filtration Media
From Gas Adsorbent Media
Pure Air Filtration’s PureAir 4 media targets a broad range of gases which cause corrosion, odor, as well as other undesirable gases. Pure Air Filtration starts with the highest grade activated alumina. This ensures that the greatest possible adsorption capacity is reached. This alumina is then impregnated with potassium permanganate while being formed into a pellet.
General Description: Spherical porous pellets formed from a combination of powdered activated alumina and other binders, suitably impregnated with potassium permanganate to provide optimum adsorption, absorption, and oxidation of a wide variety of gaseous contaminants.
- Hydrogen Sulfide: 8% min by weight
- Sulfur Dioxide: 4% min by weight
- Nitric Oxide: 2.8% min by weight
- Formaldehyde: 1.4% min by weight
Manufacturing Quality Assurance Standards:
- Potassium Permanganate content: 4% minimum
- Moisture Content: 20% maximum
- Crush Strength: 10 lbs min
- Abrasion Loss: 3.0% maximum
- Nominal pellet Diameter: 1/8” (approximately 4 mm), 95% after screening
- Nominal Density: 50 lbs/ft3 (0.80 g/cc)