Model 55L-60 - Pressure Relief Valve/Pump Casing Relief Valve
The Cla-Val Model 55L-60 (UL and ULC Listed, FM approved) Pressure Relief Valve is a direct-acting, spring loaded, diaphragm type relief valve. The valve may be installed in any position and will open and close within very close pressure limits. The bottom plug may be removed and installed in the inlet to convert it to an angle pattern flow path.
- UL Listed
- Factory Mutual Approved
- UL Listed/FM Approved for use as a fire pump casing relief valve
- Direct Acting - Precise Pressure Control
- Positive Dependable Opening
- Drip Tight Closure
- No Packing Glands or Stuffing Boxes
- Sensitive to Small Pressure Variations
The Model 55L-60 is typically used in a fire protection system to trim water pressure, thus preventing pressure build-up whenever line pressure exceeds the setting of the spring.