AADI SmartGuard - Model WTR - Wave and Tide Recorder
From SEAGUARD Products
The SEAGUARD WTR is a robust instrument based on the SEAGUARD Platform. It is a self contained instrument for measuring wave parameters, water level and temperature. The SEAGUARD WTR application areas are in fixed installations, either deployed in a seabed installation in shallow waters, or mounted onto a fixed structure in the upper water column. Typical applications for the sensor are measurements of wave and tide in ports and harbors, marine operations, weather forecast, and climate studies. The instrument can be extended with additional sensors (e.g. CTD, current, dissolved oxygen and turbidity). The SEAGUARD WTR can be used with AADI Real-Time Collector for real-time data.
The SEAGUARD Wave and Tide Recorder measures wave and tide conditions based on a silicon pressure sensor 4648. The pressure measurements are sampled and temperature compensated by an advanced Digital Signal Processor.
The SEAGUARD WTR application areas are in fixed installations, either deployed in a seabed installation in shallow waters, or mounted onto a fixed structure in the upper water column. Typical applications for the sensor are measurements of wave and tide in Ports and Harbors, Marine operations, Weather forecast, and Climate studies.
The recommended deployment depth for wave measurements is in the range 6 - 15 meters. The maximum deployment depth for tide measurements is 30m.
The tide measurement is an average of the hydrostatic pressure measured over a time period of 10 seconds to 8 minutes (configured by the user). The update interval is between 2 seconds and 255 minutes.
The wave measurements are based on the pressure time series measured over a time period of 64 seconds to 17 minutes (configured by the user). The update interval is between 2 seconds and 255 minutes.
The output parameters from the SEAGUARD® WTR are easily presented in SEAGUARD Studio.
The SEAGUARD® WTR and the AADI smart sensors are interfaced by means of a reliable CANbus protocol (AiCaP) using XML for plug and play capabilities. The smart sensors can be mounted directly on the top end plate of an AADI SEAGUARD® and are automatically detected and recognized.
The SEAGUARD® WTR can be used with AADI Real-Time Collector for Real-Time data.
The SEAGUARD® WTR has 2 battery compartments for long deployment time.
The SEAGUARD® WTR can be equipped with a Conductivity sensor for calculation of Salinity, Density and Sound of speed.
- High Resolution and low drift
- Low maintenance needs
- Selectable interval from 2 seconds to 2 hours
- SEAGUARD® Studio vizualisation software
- Smart sensor topology based on a reliable CANbus interface (AiCaP)
- Output parameters: Pressure, Temperature, Tide, Significant wave height, Maximum wave height, Mean period, Peak period, Energy wave period, Mean zerocrossing period, Wave steepness, and Irregularity of sea-state. The WTR also provides raw data of the Pressure and Temperature measurements.
- Real-Time XML Output on RS-422(optional)
- For use in sea and fresh water
- Windows CE based datalogger with TFT based colour touch panel for configuration
- Measurement range: 0 - 400 kPa / ~30m depth