- Phosphate Buffers: bioremediation and pH control
- Fatty acids: prolonged carbon source and prevent methanogenesis
- Lactates: ethanol are hydrolyzed to lactic acid (an effect of dispersion of non-aqueous phase)
- Prolonged action (up to 24 months)
- Viscosity: very easy to handle by injection (injection similar to sugar solution + No specific PPE required for staff)
- Anaerobic pollution remediation: chlorinated solvents + aromatics, nitroaromatics, inorganic pollution (eg nitrates), perchlorates, metal (Ni, Zn, Hg, As, Cr,).