ABRESIST - Wear Resistant Fused Cast Basalt Linings
ABRESIST fused cast basalt linings are a mineral based, wear resistant material that protects material handling and processing components conveying abrasive materials. The pre-engineered ABRESIST abrasion resistant linings and tiles are produced by melting volcanic rock, then casting into shaped tiles or cylinders, and annealing at carefully controlled temperatures to attain the desired hardness.
- Cast basalt linings can be used up to temperatures of 350°C/662°F.
- FDA approved.
- Standard cylinder sizes range from 40 mm to 500 mm internal diameter for pipes and bends.
- Highly effective in hydraulic and pneumatic conveying systems with some installations lasting more than 30 years.
- Production of virtually any shape or size lining.
- ABRESIST wear resistant linings get smoother with use, ensuring good flowability and the avoidance of plugs, reducing pressure losses and lowering energy costs.
- Special tile shapes are made for larger pipe diameters, cyclones, chutes, separators and Archimedes type screw pumps.
Installation: cylinders or shaped components in cement mortar. In special cases epoxies or synthetic mortars may be used due to strong mechanical stresses and/or vibration. Where higher temperatures are concerned, potassium silicate mortar may be used for installation.
Application temperature: up to 350°C/ 662°F depending on application and geometry.
Advantages: highly abrasion resistant, smooth surface that lasts, no corrosion.