GE - AC Water Cooled Motors
Optimized for harsh offshore environments, GE’s fully enclosed water-cooled motor is protected to IP56 standards, safeguarding against moisture, insects and dirt. GE’s water-cooled drill motor is also safer and more cost-efficient. It has no blower, meaning one less power supply and far less rig noise. Less noise on the rig floor, below OSHA requirements, creates a safer environment for those working on the rig. Rated at 1150HP and 1300HP, the water-cooled motor has a small envelope. And because it cools through the shaft as well as the frame, it maintains the same footprint as our air-cooled models, making it easy to incorporate onto the rig. Motor Models Include: 5GEB1150W (1150 HP), 5GEB1300W (1300 HP)
A safer more cost-efficient motor, GE’s water-cooled drill motor has no blower. No blower means one less power supply and far less rig noise. Less noise on the rig floor, below OSHA requirements, means a safer environment for those working on the rig.
Rated at 1150HP, the GE water-cooled motor has a small envelope. And because it cools through the shaft as well as the frame, it maintains the same footprint as our air- cooled models, and can be easily incorporated onto the rig.
- 6-pole stator with “form-wound” windings
- Copper chromium alloy rotor bars
- Class H insulation, robotically taped, Mica-Kapton system
- Single or double shaft extensions, high-strength 4130 alloy shaft on drive end
- Insulated bearing on non-drive end
- Stainless steel main terminal box is IP56 (Ex e) with bus bar connections for main cable terminations. Terminal box can be specified to be mounted on left “A” side or right “B” side of motor as viewed from non-drive end of motor. Available in standard, half (as shown above), or compact
- RTD and heater leads exit the lower window of the frame. The leads can either be terminated in an Ex e Auxiliary box or routed to a remote Auxiliary box
- Six (6) RTDs, 100 ohm platinum, two per phase embedded in stator slots
- Cooling System requires 33 gpm at maximum 38°C fresh water cooling (up to 50/50 freshwater/glycol mix), which is split between stator and rotor, 22GPM and 11 gpm respectively, 100psi maximum operating pressure*.
- Ambient temperature 55°C
- Tape Heater, 200W total
- Motor enclosure: Ingress Protection (IP56)
- IECEx, & ATEX Certified Ex de II T4 Gb IP56, de II 2 Gc
- CSA [both US and Canada] (Optional)
- ABS Certification
- DNV (Optional)