ACE - Model CN-ES - Combining CN Polar Selectivity with Enhanced Hydrophobicity
From ACE 90A - 100A
The unique design of the ACE CN-ES incorporates an Extended Spacer alkyl chain between the silica surface and CN group that gives extra phase stability in mobile phase eluents (pH 2 - pH 8). The extended spacer also provides enhanced hydrophobicity to the phase.
- New stationary phase technology for UHPLC and HPLC separations
- Alternative polar selectivity for method development
- High efficiency 2μm, 3μm, 5μm and 10μm particles
- Ultra-inert for maximum performance and reproducibility
- ACE Excel CN-ES offers increased hydrophobicity (an important mechanisms for separation in reversed-phase LC) compared to traditional CN bonded phases whilst maintaining dipole interactions.
- Traditional CN phases show a marked reduction in retention due to the short alkyl spacer group.
- For multi-ring steroidal mixtures, the ACE Excel CN-ES provides enhanced selectivity due to a combination of hydrophobicity and dipole-dipole interactions to achieve full separation and resolution.
- ACE CN-ES demonstrates multiple modes of interaction that include hydrophobicity and dipole-dipole mechanisms between the analytes and the stationary phase to achieve full separation and resolution.
- The individual ACE Excel C18 or ACE Excel CN phases do not achieve full separation under these conditions.
Alternative selectivity and separation of pharmaceutically relevant acids, bases and neutrals using ACE Excel CN-ES with MeCN containing eluents