Acme Engineering has been manufacturing automatic scraper strainers since the 1980’s. An automatic scraper strainer offers many advantages over backwash strainers (please see the webpage Scraper Strainer vs Backwash strainer). The ACRS Automatic Scraper Strainer is a motorized unit designed for the continuous removal of suspended solids from intake, process and wastewater flows. Cleaning is accomplished by a spring-loaded blade and brush system managed by a fully automatic control system.
Acme Engineering is a manufacturing company with three product lines: 1) Gas Detectors, 2) Heating Systems, and 3) Automatic Strainers. Acme possesses a wide range of custom products to meet any industrial or commercial need.
The company was founded as a manufacturer's representative firm in 1956 and began large-scale production of its own Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment in 1963. Our gas detection line was launched in the early 1970’s and we have been manufacturing automatic strainers since the mid 1980’s.
The ACRS Automatic Strainer is a motorized unit designed for the continuous removal of suspended solids from intake, process and wastewater flows.
Cleaning is accomplished by a spring-loaded blade and brush system managed by a fully automatic control system.
- When in manual operation, selector switches control the motor and blowdown operation. Automatic Operation
- When in automatic operation, timers within the control panel regulate strainer operations in conjunction with differential pressure override. Relays start and stop the motor & valve.
Advantages in using FRP Strainers
- More cost effective than an all metal construction
- Extremely resistant to corrosive environments
- High-strength and high-performance design
- High impact solids resistance
- Versatile and enduring construction
- Process & Power Industry
- Pulp & Paper
- Wastewater Treatment
- Metal and Mining Industries
- Oil Refineries
- Seawater Filtration
- Cooling Systems
- Chemical Processes