ACME GasPost - Model WS Series - Wireless Sensors/Transmitters
The Acme WS GasPost Series toxic or combustible gas sensor/transmitter measures the concentration of the target gas in an enclosed area and transmits this value to the control panel via a 900MHz or 2.4 GHz wireless medium. The WS Wireless GasPost Sensor / Transmitter includes a high gain antenna concealed inside the enclosure as well as a built-in battery pack that can be easily accessed and replaced (battery-operated verson). Optionally the WS can also be powered from a 24VAC source. This version(WS-24) may have on-board relays to operate the ventilation equipment directly while transmitting their readings to the control panel for monitoring purpose only.
The WS employs a range of diffusion-type electrochemical and/or catalytic bead sensors capable of detecting a broad range of toxic and combustible gases. It provides a quick and reliable detection method of these gases with long term accuracy and trouble free operation.
Designed to act as fixed in-situ safety monitors, the WS transmitters automatically operate the mechanical ventilation system of a facility upon detection of hazardous gases, thereby protecting occupants, personnel and gas-sensitive goods and products.
With the increased use of gas detection in maintenance and industrial facilities, the WS allows installers and users to meet code requirements economically using commercial-grade gas detection equipment.
The WS contains all the well-known standard features of ACME’s gas detection line; a robust enclosure, latest sensor technology and state-of-the-art electronics.
- FCC/IC/ETSI/CE approved RF modules
- Easy installation, virtually eliminsting cost of installation materials
- Battery operated with 2-year battry life, or powered from a local 24VAC source
- NEMA 3 robust enclosure
- Remote sensor/transceiver on a wireless communication network compatible with Acme’s new CEW-Series centralized wireless multipoint/multi-gas detection and control panel
- Energy savings through the intermittent operation of ventilation equipment in enclosed facilities.
- Suitable for garages, tunnels, warehouses and other enclosed commercial locations where a hazardous build-up of gases may occur.
- Ideal for retrofit of existing buildings to improve safety and conserve energy.
- Designed for multiple stage projects.
- Gases detected: CO, NO2 , O2 , NH3, H2, H2S Combustible gases(24VAC PowerModule only)
- Sensor Technology: 3-electrode catalytic bead electrochemical cell
- Sensing Method: Diffusion
- Power Requirement: Self-powered from a built-in 12V battery pack(8x1.5V) or hardware to a constant 24V local power source
- Operating Temp.: -4ºF to 104ºF (-20ºC to +40ºC)*
- Humidity Range: 15-95% RH
- Accuracy: +/- 2% of calibrated value
- Repeatability: 2% of signal
- Expected sensor Life: 7 years for CO only;
- 2 years for other gases.
- Battery Lifetime: 2 years
- NEMA 3
- Surface mounting
- Dimensions: 182mm X 180mm X 111mm (7.2” X 7.1” X 4.4” )