ACME - Model 40-XP Series - Combustible Gas Sensor-Transmitters
The Acme Combustible gas sensor-transmitter measures the concentration of the target gas in an enclosed area and produces a proportional analog output signal. The Acme 40-ST Combustible Gas sensor is explosion proof. The enclosure of the sensor-transmitter is a explosion proof enclosure.
The 40-ST series employs a diffusion type catalytic bead (pellistor) sensor capable of detecting a broad range of combustible gases. It provides instantaneous detection of these compounds and has long term reliability and trouble free operation. Designed to act as fixed in-situ safety monitors, the 40-ST sensor-transmitter automatically operates the mechanical ventilation system of a facility upon detection of combustible gases, thereby protecting occupants, personnel and gas-sensitive goods and products.
With the increased use of gas detection in maintenance and industrial facilities, the 40-ST allows installers and users to meet code requirements in an economical fashion using commercial-grade gas detection equipment. The 40-ST contains all the well known standard features of ACME’s gas detection line; a robust enclosure, the latest sensor technology and state-of-the-art electronics. For more versatile gas detection options, consult the ACME binder or website.
- High-accuracy Catalytic Bead (Pcllistor) explosion proof sensor.
- Explosion Proof enclosure
- 4-20mA analog output or optional 0-1V DC, 0-5V DC or 0- 10V DC analog outputs.
- Remote sensor-transmitter on a RS-485 comunication network compatible with Acmes popular CEL-Series centralized multipoint/multigas detection and control systems.
- Energy savings through the intermittent operation of ventilation equipment in enclosed areas.
- Commercial or industrial locations where a sudden build-up of combustible gases may occur.
- Underground parking, boiler rooms, landfills, storage rooms, etc.
- Stand-alone with standard analog outputs for direct connection to the existing Building Management System (BMS) or DDCS.
- Gases Detected: Methane, Propane, Hydrogen, etc.
- Sensor Technology: Catalytic Bead (Pellistor) type.
- Sensing Method: Diffusion.
- Power Requirements: 24V AC 50/60Hz.
- Outputs Available: 4-20mA 0-1V DC 0-5V DC 0-10VDC RS-485
- Operating Temp.: -4°F to 120-F (-20°C to +50°C)
- Humidity Range: 10-95% RH
- Accuracy: +/- 5% of calibrated value
- Repeatability: 2% of signal
- Response Time (T90%): < 30 seconds
- Expected Lifetime: 3 years
- Enclosure: Explosion Proof- Class 1
- Dimensions: 11' (L)x ф4'(D)x 3'(D), (279mm x 101mm x 75mm)