Acoem MegaVol - Model 3000 - Dust Sampler
The MegaVol 3000 particulate sampler performs remote unattended sampling of particulates and is ideal for heavy metal and radiation exposure monitoring.
The MegaVol is capable of a very high flow rate (150m3/hr) the increased flow rate allows representative particulate samples to be collected in shorter time periods (more samples collected per week) or to collect a larger quantity in the same time period (especially for trace levels) than a standard high volume sampler.
The MegaVol is therefore ideally suited for sampling particulates that make up a small percentage of the total sample (heavy metals, radioactive particulates etc.) and provides laboratories with sufficient material to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis.
Optional attachments allow the sampler to measure wind speed and direction which can then be used to trigger sector selectable sampling (e.g. fence-line monitoring).
The sampler software can also double as a remotely accessible data logger for simple weather monitoring (wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity and rainfall).
- Volumetric flow control automatically corrected to standard reference temperature.
- Industrial brushless motor (100 000 hours continuous field operation).
- Weather-proof marine quality anodised aluminium cabinet.
- Automatic supply voltage monitoring and shut- down facility prevents damage to instrument.
- Wind direction and speed used to activate/de- activate sampler.
- External trigger (0-5VDC) can be used for activating sampling program.
- RS232 output for data collection and remote communication.
- Filter block and instrument error alarms.
- Total control of instrument remotely from PC.
- Simple programming of sampling periods, including daily and weekly programs, with in built ‘1-in-X day’ sampling capability
- Operation: Microprocessor controlled (internal data logging)
- Pump/Motor: Side channel blower driven by an induction motor (brushless)
- Flow controller: Variable frequency drive
- Volumetric flow range: Nominal 120-150 m3/hr
- Vacuum capability: 130 mBar max
- Flow accuracy: Better than ± 0.2 m3/hr
- Flow repeatability: ± 1 % of reading
- Construction: Anodised aluminium and stainless steel fasteners
- Filter size: 100mm diameter filter, Replaceable XAD glass cartridge element
- Dimensions: 456mm (W) x 456mm (D) x 1480mm (H) including TSP inlet
- Weight: 65kg plus inlet weight
- Operating voltage: 200-240V + 10% 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 3500VA nominal (depending on filter loading & flow rate)
- Temp measur. range: 0 - 50 °C
- Barometric pressure: 600 - 900 mmHg ± 4 mmHg
No. of readings
- 150 (averaging period is user selectable, for example
- 75 hours of 30min averages)
- 1 x wind direction sensor input (10k potentiometer)
- 1 x wind speed sensor input (contact closure)
- 1 x spare contact closure input (e.g. tipping bucket rain gauge).
- Calibration plate
- Field calibration transport case
- WS/WD sensors