Model VR2W – 180 kHz - Acoustic Monitoring Receivers
Designed to operate with VEMCO’s line of 180 kHz minature tags, the VR2W-180 kHz receiver is cost effective, compact, easy to use, long-lasting and flexible, making it ideal for remote, long term monitoring of small fish species.
Juveniles, Smaller Fish, More Species
The VR2W-180 kHz is used with the V4 and V5-180 kHz transmitters. Weighing just 0.24 grams in water (0.42 grams in air), the V4 tag is the latest addition to VEMCO’s line of miniature coded transmitters. The V4 and V5 (0.38 grams in water, 0.65 grams in air) enable researchers to track and monitor smaller fish and a broader range of species than ever before! Note that V4 and V5 tags can only be detected by VEMCO’s VR2W-180 kHz receivers.
Why 180 kHz Frequency?
Choosing the 180 kHz frequency enabled VEMCO to develop small, lightweight tags that would operate well in both salt and fresh water environments.
VR2W PC Communication Kit
A VR2W PC Communication Kit is required to enable your receivers to communicate with your PC.
- Ideal for remote, long term monitoring of small fish species
- Operates effectively in both fresh and saltwater environments
- Detects multiple transmitters in fast moving environments
- Dimensions 308 mm long x 73 mm diameter
- Weight 1190 g in air, 50 g in water
- Power supply 1 -3.6 V Lithium D cell battery
- Battery life Approximately 8 months
- Maximum depth 500 metres
- Receiver frequency 180 kHz
- Storage Approximately 1.6-million detections (16 MBytes non-volatile flash memory)
- Approximately 1-million detections (8 MBytes non-volatile flash memory)
- Attachment Standard: cable ties
- Firmware Field upgradable receiver firmware
- Software VEMCO user Environment (VUE) software
- Transmitters Logs and decodes ALL Vemco 180 kHz transmitters
- Code maps Support for all current and planned Vemco code maps