AcousticEye DUET™ - Inner & Outer Diameter Tube and Pipe Inspection System
AcousticEye's DUET system introduces an innovative, non-traversing technology for inner and outer diameter tube and pipe inspection that aims to deliver ultra-fast and accurate results for today's challenging turnaround requirements.
Featuring patented dual mode pulse reflectometry (acoustic and ultrasonic operating in parallel), the system has been designed to achieve full coverage of all defects and tube types, regardless of shape or material. DUET is an advanced, yet easy-to-use tool with automated analysis and report generation that requires much less operator expertise and minimal training for a more efficient inspection cycle.
Ultra Fast Speed
- Significantly faster than conventional inspection techniques
Easy to Use
- 1 operator with minimal training
- Consistent, repeatable results regardless of operator skill
- Any shape | u-bends, “s” shape, twisted, fin-fans
- Any material | ferromagnetic, non-ferromagnetic
- Non-traversing solution for ID and OD defects
- Holes, blockages, cracks, bulges, wall loss | erosion, corrosion, pits
DUET guides the operator through all the steps necessary to carry out a job simply and efficiently. This includes tube sheet mapping, parameter input, measurements, verification and report generation. An intuitive graphic user interface makes navigation easy.
1. Job Setup | Tube Sheet Mapping
Using a digital photo, CAD file or scanned schematic diagram, DUET automatically identifies and numbers the tube sheet.
2. Data Acquisition
The operator simply inserts the probe into the tube and clicks a button to begin inspection. Progress is monitored and displayed on the DUET Sound Gun.
3. Auto Analysis
DUET automatically applies statistical analysis algorithms and sensitivity thresholds to identify each defect.
4. Data Review and Report Generation
Inspection data is available in an easy-to-read format at three stages:
- On-the-fly during the job to support marking specific tubes requiring further action.
- Specific, user-defined time intervals such as end of shift or day.
- Full detailed report in PDF or HTML format including drill down options, tabular reporting and screenshots of the detected flaws.
Utilizing patented pulse reflectometry technology, DUET operates two modes in parallel (acoustic and ultrasonic) for ultra-fast and accurate inner and outer diameter inspection.
- Probe simultaneously injects 2 types of pulses down the tube
- Multi-sensor arrays record returned echoes generated by defects
- Patented algorithms identify and report exact location, type and size of defects