ACP - Beam and Block Floors
Precast concrete beam and block is the rapid solution to high quality, economical concrete floor construction. Concrete beam and block floors are constructed using prestressed concrete beams supporting standard concrete blocks spanning between ‘T’ beams. These are available in a range of sizes to suit various spans and loads. Individual concrete blocks are laid between the precast beams to form an instant floor. Our prestressed concrete beams are manufactured in lengths to suit each application, and beam spacing can be adjusted to suit anticipated loads.
- Long line prestressed production of concrete floor beams enables high performance beams to be produced at low cost.
- ACP floor beams are wet cast from high quality steel moulds using high strength engineering grade concrete, guaranteeing quality and performance.
Concrete Beams - Design
- A full layout and design service is available for every beam and block project.
- 150mm concrete beams are suitable for a wide variety of concrete floor construction such as domestic house floors, flats, nursing homes and commercial developments.
- 225mm concrete beams are available for floors subject to greater loads and larger unsupported spans. specification
- ACP concrete floor beams are ideal for use with standard 440 x 215 x 100 concrete blocks in either 7.0N/mm2 or 3.5N/mm2 compressive strengths supplied by Thomas Armstrong Group companies such as Thomas Armstrong Blocks, Stocks Blocks and Coulthards.
- Closure blocks to suit 530mm and 305mm concrete beam spacing are available from stock as are slip blocks to speed floor edge construction.
- A dry grout system can be used to bond the beam and block floor together prior to installation of insulation and floor finishes.
- A sand/cement screed can be applied to the grouted beam and block system for a robust finished floor or base for ceramic floor finishes. Openings within the floor for service ducts and pipes are easily and cheaply included in the scheme.
- Specialist ceiling clips can be supplied to speed ceiling installation to the underside of the suspended concrete floor.
- A full design and build package is available including all on site activities and block supply to deliver rapid low cost precast floors.
Low cost concrete flooring is achieved using the ACP beam and block floor system.
It offers savings in both time and cost at ground floor level compared with other flooring systems and also minimizes groundworks. Beam and block flooring is also ideal for suspended flooring to subsequent levels, even being suitable to support partition walling using double beam layouts. (see diagram)
The installation of beam and block floors is generally weather independent reducing site delays and ensuring construction programme is maintained.
The suspended beam and block floor system offers the potential to minimize excavations; of particular benefit where excavated material must be removed from site.
The high thermal mass inherent with precast concrete floor construction has benefits for the finished buildings energy consumption. Precast concrete flooring also exhibits excellent noise reduction and fire resistance properties.
ACP precast floor beams are also used in the Tetris Thermal flooring system to achieve even greater insulation performance. Robust details for both acoustic flooring and thermal flooring are available.
The concrete beam and block floor is suitable for underfloor heating systems providing a high thermal mass in addition to the benefits of a concrete floor solution
Concrete flooring made easy; rapid, cost effective floor construction without the need for expensive plant or specialist skilled labour.