ACQUITY - Model UPLC - H-Class System
Highest resolution of any quaternary LC system: Improve your laboratory’s efficiency by scaling your methods to UPLC Technology. Use UPLC’s unmatched resolution to get better characterization of your complex samples. Take advantage of tools that simplify and streamline your method development workflow. Future-proof your lab by running your existing HPLC and UHPLC methods today and then transitioning to UPLC when you are ready.
The UPLC difference
With dispersion of less than 10 μL, the ACQUITY UPLC H-Class System delivers the highest resolution of any quaternary LC system in the market.
Achieving true UPLC performance requires that system dispersion (or extra-column band spread) be matched to the peak widths associated with narrowbore columns packed with sub-2-μm particles. While other systems might be designed for high pressure, it doesn’t mean they're designed to deliver the sharp peaks associated with UPLC performance and the ACQUITY UPLC H-Class System.
Get your analytical results faster and decrease the cost of analysis per sample. Waters’ intuitive tools make it simple, from the reversed-phase column selectivity chart, to the ACQUITY UPLC Columns Calculator.
With functionality that allows you to easily compensate for system differences, the ACQUITY UPLC H-Class System was designed to help you transition your existing methods, improve your efficiency, and meet the increasing demands on your laboratory.
Versatility - Discovering the best method gets you the best results
Get the versatility to discover the the best set of chromatographic conditions for your sample, providing a more robust method. The flexibility of the ACQUITY UPLC H-Class System allows you to automatically screen important method parameters, including:
- Up to six columns in independently temperature controlled compartments
- pH and ionic strength with Auto•Blend Plus Technology
- Organic modifier – up to six different solvents with an optional and integrated solvent selection valve
- 11 unique gradient profiles
Completely automate the screening process by combining the ACQUITY UPLC H-Class System with method development software tools such as the Empower Sample Set Generator and Fusion software. And, adding mass detection with the ACQUITY QDa Detector allows you to easily track peaks, significantly reducing post-analysis time.
Need an LC platform that can run your HPLC methods today before you begin the transition to UPLC? The ACQUITY UPLC H-Class System was designed to support both HPLC and UPLC methods so that you can invest in your laboratory’s future but still support your existing methods until you're ready to deploy UPLC.
- Get the flexibility of multi-solvent blending with the Quaternary Solvent Manager (QSM), and blend four solvents in any combination or proportion. Expand to up to nine solvents with the optional and integrated solvent-select valve for even greater flexibility. Automated solvent compressibility allows you to run any solvent in any combination without loss in accuracy or precision.
- High-precision injections with direct inject sampling. The needle-in-flow path design ensures an accurate needle seal at high pressure. Injection volumes from 0.1 μL up to 1 mL are supported. Ultra-low carryover is managed through programmable method settings to ensure compatibility even with the most sensitive mass spectrometers.
- Accurate temperature control across the entire column. Configurable for 1 to 6 columns, each housed in individual temperature controlled zones with active pre-heating and a temperature range of 4 to 90 °C.
- Low-dispersion detection capabilities. The ACQUITY UPLC H-Class System is the only quaternary LC system in the market with a wide range of detectors that have been optimized for true UPLC performance. Minimizing dispersion and optimizing the electronics and optical paths for the narrow UPLC peaks yields the highest sensitivity and repeatability with the most accurate quantification.
- Significantly reduce the time you spend in the prep lab by automating the formulation of mobile phases at specific pH and ionic strength from reservoirs of pure solvents or concentrated stock solutions using Auto•Blend Plus Technology. Compatible with reversed phase, IEX, and SEC, this technology makes routine analyses easier to manage and execute and streamlines method development and method robustness testing by allowing you to test even the smallest changes in pH and ionic strength without needing to make each individual buffer.
- Automatically manage gradient start time and pre-injection steps in parallel with SmartStart Technology. This allows you to compensate for system volume differences when transferring methods between different LC systems or to minimize inject-to-inject cycle times for high throughput applications.
- Compliance ready. Qualification of laboratory instrumentation is an integral part of compliance with regulatory and quality standards such as GMP, GLP, ISO 17025, USP , and others. The ACQUITY UPLC H-Class System supports Waters Empower based automated system qualification tool (SQT), which minimizes the time and cost associated with annual qualification.
- Supported in Empower, Masslynx, UNIFI, and several 3rd party software packages.