Overall, it is probably the finest all purpose desiccant. It is ideal for drying air and most other gases at high relative humidity.
- Although prolonged exposure to liquid water will damage activated alumina, it is more resilient to water than silica gel or molecular sieve.
- Low pressure drop due to its spherical shape.
- High crush strength.
- Less expensive.
- Low abrasion rate.
- Long service life.
- · Activated alumina is primarily aluminum oxide (AL2O3).
- · Pore sizes: 4-22 angstroms (1 angstroms = 10-8 cm)
- · SP. Heat: 0.22 BTU/Lb/oF
- · Apparent Bulk Density: 48 Lbs/Cu. Ft.
- Pressure swing as well as thermal regeneration at 250F to 500F are both commonly used. With low inlet stream temperatures it can produce dew points down to -100F.