Acusticell - Model S - Vinyl Foil for Airborne Sound Absorption
Acusticell S with Vinyl foil is a sound absorbing material of foamed polyurethane with open cells. The product is based on Acusticell S but its surface is covered with an elastic film of perforated Vinyl. The material can be bent and is self-adhesive. Can be combined with a mat for structure-borne sound damping and airborne sound insulation.
- Aesthetically attractive surface
- Resistant to mechanical wear
- Easy to wash
- Difficult to ignite
Cabins, Factory machinery.
Transportation and vehicles
Cabins of boats and vehicles, scooters, contractor’s and gardening machinery.
Walls, Office Screens and Furniture.
Method of use
The parts are cut or stamped to the required shape and carefully pressed on to a surface that must be free from oil, dirt, and dust.
- Sound absorption: See PDF diagram.
- Temperature resistance: -40°C to +120°C
- Fire class: FMVSS 302
- Coefficient of thermal conductivity: Lambda = 0,036 W/m°C
- Colour: Grey or Black surface foil
- Adhesive’s tear strength: Approx. 15 N/cm test width.
- Surface film thickness: 36×10^-6m
- Environmental: Freon free
- Thickness: 10, 20 or 30mm (other thicknesses can be supplied on request)
- Density: Approx. 25 kg/m3
- Delivery format: 1000×1500 mm (other sizes and shapes can be supplied on request)
The shaping and positioning of the material is of major importance to achieve an optimal sound-dampening effect.
Sontech has long experience of practical noise control projects in a wide range of industrial fields. These experiences can be a valuable addition to the laboratory data given in the datasheet. Sontech can also assist with advice and sound measurements for noise control and in the manufacture of customised material sets.
- Acusticell: AC
- Thickness in mm: 10, 20 or 30
- Fire class FMVSS 302: S
- Surface of perforated vinyl foil: VF
- Exampel of ordering code: AC20 VF grey