ADAMS Schweiz - Spherical Valves
Spherical valves are used as safety and shut-off equipment for turbines and pumps in conditions under high operating pressure. They close automatically without outside energy; in emergency cases, even against unidirectional pressure at maximum flow rate. ADAMS spherical valves are welded constructions or forged using high quality steels. They generally have two sealing systems.
The inspection seal ring facilitates maintenance work without having to empty the pressure line. The operating seal ring – taking the place of a bypass – is also used for filling the turbine housing. The spherical valve can be opened and closed via weight, feed water or oil hydraulics. The feed water for actuating the gaskets is sourced from the penstock and fed to the hydraulic control system via suitable filters. The hydraulic servo drive and the counterweight are flanged directly onto the valve body and do not require any additional anchoring. End position dampening equipment facilitates optimum closing characteristics to prevent from water hammering. The control system is designed such that it is not possible to actuate the spherical valves when the gaskets are under pressure or only partially in position. Sealable latching bolts additionally render it impossible for the sphere to move while performing maintenance work.
- Nominal diameters: DN200/8“ to DN 2700/ 108“
- Pressure stages: PN10 to PN160, depending on the nominal diameter
- Valves designed according to international standards: DIN EN, ISO, ANSI, ASME, MSS, AFNOR, GOST
- Closure with weight, feed water or oil hydraulics,
- Opening with feed water or oil hydraulics Operation of seal rings,
- Closing and opening via filtered feed water