Adcon - Model Pro10 - Wind Direction Sensor
From Adcon - Sensors
This highly professional wind direction sensor is manufactured for Adcon by one of Germanies's most reputed sensor manufacturers. The housing is made of extremely robust, seawater resistant anodized aluminum, to withstand even the harshest of conditions.
This Wind Direction Sensor has a very low starting threshold of less than 0.4m/s. Extremely low-friction bearings ensure high accuracy and a long service life. The rotating wind vane unit can be replaced in the field and is also made of aluminum. The whole unit requires very little maintenance and will remain within its original specification for many years.
To properly mount the sensor according to WMO requirements on an Adcon pole with a diameter of 40mm it comes with a mounting arm 40cm long to provide proper distance to the pole. A 2m Binder cable to attach it to any Adcon RTU is also included.
- Measuring principle: magnetic
- Measuring element: Wind vane, Aluminum
- Measuring range: 0 ... 360°
- Accuracy: better than ± 2.5°
- Starting value: <0.4m/s (1.44 km/h)
- Output signal: 0 ... 2.5V
- Case: sea water resistant aluminum
- Operating temperature: -40°C ... +70°C (non-icing); 0 ... 100% rH
- Mounting: mounting arm with mast attachment for poles with diameter of 40mm;
- 2 W4-grade stainless steel pipe clamps included; alternatively
- in bores with diameter of 30mm at max. 10mm wall strength
- Weight: approx. 500g.
- Standards: VDI 3786, sheet 2 / WMO No.8