OTT HydroMet - Model ADCON RG Pro - Professional Rain Gauge
From ADCON - Sensors
This professional Rain Gauge is a superb product for all kinds of applications: from hydrology to meteorology, from agriculture to industrial monitoring - this device is fit for nearly everything.
For the construction of this rain gauge only the best materials were used: anodized aluminum for the body. Solid, cast aluminum for the base. Stainless steel, precision machined, for the tipping bucket.
Made in Germany by a top-notch expert in meteo-grade sensors this rain gauge does what the professional needs: measure rain very accurately with a well-balanced double tipping-bucket action. This product needs hardly any maintenance or calibration, an occasional cleaning apart. A stainless spring mounted on the base of the funnel prevents bird droppings from clogging the inlet. Two large openings in the base make sure water runs off smoothly. The orifice of 200cm² is topped by a sharp edged ring to deter birds from landing on it.
Long term accuracy and stability require hardly any calibration. Based on a measuring method invented by Joss-Tognini this gauge provides unrivaled long term accuracy and stability, and requires hardly any calibration. A sealed reed switch, capable of indefinite operation, and its solid mechanics ensure that this instrument has an extremely long working life with little need for maintenance and adjustment.
The Rain Gauge is meant to be mounted on a separate pole, with the orifice approx. 1m above the surface of the soil, in order to meet WMO requirements. Three screws and an integrated bubble level assist in proper positioning/levelling of the device. For all-year operation heated versions are also available.
- Professional weather stations
- Hydrography, hydrometrics, flood warning
- Industrial, municipal, utility rain gauging
- Resolution in mm: 0.1 / 0.2
- Orifice in cm²: 200
- Measuring Device: Double tipping bucket, made of stainless steel
- Capacity / Minute:
- Ver. 0.1mm: 0 ... 8mm/min
- Ver. 0.2mm: 0 ... 16mm/min
- Signal Output: Pulse output (reed switch normally open; optionally also 'normally closed')
- Pole Mounting: for poles up to 60mm
- Weight: 2.1 kg
- Dimensions: H 292mm x Diameter 190 mm
- Material: Aluminum, anodized
- Cable: 5m shielded
- Operating temperature: 0°C ... +70°C
- Connector: 7-pin Binder
- Operating temperature: -20°C ... +70°C
- Heating System: 2 heating circuits with electronic control system
- Activation: at 4°C; ±2°C from -20°C ... +4°C
- Heating Power: 150W
- Supply Voltage: 24 VDC