ADMS-Puff - Advanced Software for Dispersion Modelling Dense & Passive Releases
From Accidental Releases
ADMS-Puff uses a Lagrangian puff methodology to model the fate of dense and passive gas releases. ADMS-Puff can use temporally and spatially varying meteorological data from the WRF model, or simple surface data. ADMS-Puff can also account for the impact of complex terrain: hills and variable surface roughness. ADMS-Puff calculates snapshots of instantaneous air concentration along with a time integrated dose. These concentrations can be compared against regulatory or other levels, including inbuilt flammability limits. ADMS-Puff has a link to Golden Software’s Surfer package for displaying contours of concentration overlaid on a map of the area where the incident occurred.
- Operators and regulators concerned with determining the impact of dense gas releases.
ADMS-Puff has a user-friendly Windows interface, making it easy to set up the model and view results. The input data are arranged in a series of screens with default values provided for much of the information. This makes the model ideal for rapid data entry and use by non-specialists, e.g. in emergency situations.
The system has the following features:
- advanced dense gas dispersion model in which the boundary layer structure is characterized by the height of the boundary layer and the Monin-Obukhov length, a length scale dependent on the friction velocity and the heat flux at the surface,
- choice of data entry formats for meteorology including spatially varying meteorology output from the WRF model
- built-in list of materials along with all their material properties, including flammability limits
- facility for easy comparison to regulatory levels. Contours showing where these levels are exceeded can be simply plotted over a map of the area using the link to Surfer.
CLICK HERE to view a list of software prices applicable to the European Union and North America. If you require further details about prices applicable outside these regions, please contact us. If you are ordering from France, Ireland, the Baltic states, Italy, the Netherlands, Taiwan or China please contact our partner in the relevant country.