ADsorb-it - Vault Maintenance System (VMS) Filter Sock
The Vault Maintenance System (VMS) Filter Sock is designed to remove oil and sediment from underground utility vault waters. The VMS allows direct discharge of water to the environment while complying with current regulatory guidelines for TSS and Oil & Grease. The filtration system will remove visible oils and oil-borne contaminants such as PCBs and filters out suspended solids to below compliance levels for the new NPDES II regulations. Configured as a portable, easy-to-use multi-staged filter sock. Available with or without a quick-connect fitting. Quick connect fitting model also available with 5 gallon Haz-Waste Bucket. Available Options: VMS Filter Sock, 4' x 67' #VMS467 VMS Filter Sock 4' x 67' W/ 2' Fitting, #VMS467-2F VMS Filter Sock W/ 2' Fitting in 5gal Haz-Waste Bucket #VMS467-2/HWB5
- VMS Filter Sock #VMS467
- VMS Filter Sock 4” x 67” w/ 2” fitting #VMS467-2F
- VMS Filter Sock w 2” fitting in 5gal Haz-Waste Bucket #VMS467-2/HWB5
State of the Art Filtration Technology to Remove Oil and Sediments from Water
Testing results have shown 99.4% TSS removal and removal of oil and grease to non-detect
The Future of Vault Dewatering
- Patented & Patent Pending.
- Remove visible oils and oil-borne contaminants such as PCBs.
- Filter sock filters out suspended solids to below compliance levels for the new NPDES II regulations.
- Filters out oil, oil sheen, oil-borne contaminants, and suspended solids – as fine as rust!
- Configured as a portable, easy-to-use multi-staged filter sock.
- Available with or without a quick-connecting fitting.
- Available with a plastic cover to direct water flow.
- Available in a Haz-Waste liquid-tight container to protect the sock prior to use and to contain any contaminated water after use and prior to disposal.
- Great Flow Rate – 385 gpm at 20 psi.
The standard operating procedure for the removal of water from vaults has been to either:
- Evacuate the contaminated water by pumping it into the environment, risking: regulatory penalties, hefty fines, possible hazmat response, a negative public perception; or
- Use a vacuum truck for off-site processing which involves: truck expense (if a truck is available), wasted man hours, expensive water disposal costs, and off-site liability at Treatment Storage and Disposal facilities.
You can eliminate the costs associated with vacuum trucks and water processing; you can be within regulatory compliance; and you can help the environment — which no only makes good sense for your company, it helps the bottom line.
For Spill Response
Use Boom Covers and ShoreGuard/ DumboSurfers for oil and oil sheen recovery on open waters.
ADsorb-it’s wicking action allows the oils, oil sheen and oil-borne contaminants to be contained in the entire fabric as opposed to only the point of contact. Oil and oil sheen adhere to the ADsorb-it fibers and are not displaced by water.
For Shoreline Protection
Adsorb-it conforms easily to uneven surfaces such as shorelines, streambeds and rock formations or may be configured into a barrier fence as used by BP for the Gulf Oil Spill.
ADsorb-it inhibits oils and oil-borne contaminants in water from impacting the land, and contaminants on land from impacting the water. Equally effective wet or dry, in salt or fresh water. The oil displaces the water in the fabric.
For Oil Recovery
Allows the recovery of adsorbed oils and oil-borne contaminants.
Oil may be recovered from the filtration fabric by physical means (wringing, pressing, centrifuge, etc.) after which you may reuse it with little reduction in its efficacy.
For Ditch or Pond Liners
Excellent liner for drainage ditches or retention ponds where oil pollution is a problem.
Oils are held in the filter fabric matrix and allowed to degrade naturally. ADsorb-it inhibits oil and oil-borne contaminant pollution on water from spreading to the surrounding soil or perking from the soil to the water.
For Pumping Underground Vaults
Our Vault Maintenance System (VMS) allows you to pump water from underground vaults directly into the environment.
A staged filtration system in an easy-to-use sock configuration that filters TSS and Oil & Grease to below regulatory guidelines.
For Stormwater Filtration
Filter oil and oil-borne contaminants, control bacterial proliferation in ditches and piping, retention ponds, sumps, and catch basins.
ADsorb-it products are available for use in catch basins, approved by the Dept of Ecology, and much easier to install than other available catch basin inserts. We have Antimicrobial products available to control bacteria in stagnant or low-flow conditions.
For Oil Water Separators
Use as a filter media before the final discharge to eliminate oil sheen.
The US Navy uses ADsorb-it on the shoreline beneath their oil/water separator outfall to prevent any oil or oil sheen from impacting the water.
For Wastewater Filtration – FOG
Use in interceptors and grease traps or use to filter industrial mop water.
Highly effective in the removal of fats, oils, and greases (FOG) when used for filtration — virtually eliminating system blockages due to grease buildup. Excellent for the removal of oil and oil-borne contaminants from any wastewater stream.
As A Sorbent
“ADsorbs” up to twenty times its weight in oils!
Outperforms typical polypropylene products (the industry standard) and allows the free flow of water while retaining the oils and oil-borne contaminants in the fabric matrix.
As A Fuel Source
As opposed to land fill disposal, ADsorb-it can be incinerated for its fuel value.
ADsorb-it has a higher BTU/lb rating than coal and is incinerable to less than 1% residual ash.