LENNSORB - Model 102 - Adsorbent Based on Granularferric Hydroxide
From Activated Carbon
LENNSORB 102 is a high-performance adsorbent based on granular ferric hydroxide. Made in a patented manufacturing process, it was specially developed for selective removal of arsenic from water. Recognized for its high quality and purity, LENNSORB 102 adsorbent complies with all requirements of DIN EN 15029 for drinking water treatment. In addition it is certified in accordance with NSF/ANSI Standard 61.
LENNSORB 102 is an adsorbent for drinking water treatment which permits reduction of As content to well below 10 μg/L without changing the water’s characteristic composition.
LENNSORB 102 removes both arsenates and arsenites. Its adsorption capacity is dependent on the characteristics and composition of the water treated as well as the operating conditions.
- Chemical composition: 6-FeOOH and Fe(OH),
- Dry solids content: 57 % (± 10 %)
- Iron content: 610 g/kg (± 10 %), relative to dry solids
- Particle size range: 0.2-2.0 mm
- Oversize fraction: <10%
- Underslze fraction: <10%
- Bulk density, backwashed: 1150 kg/m3 (± 10 %)
- Specific surface area (BET method): approx. 300 m?/g
- Bed deptht: 0.8 -1.6 m
- Freeboard height: 50% of bed depth
- Filtration velocity: < 20 m/h
- Empty bed contact time (EBCT): > 3min
- Pressure drop: max. 0.5 bar (7 psi)
- Backwash velocity: 26 m/h (backwash with water only)
- Duration of backwashlng: until outlet water is clear
Recommended operating conditions for cartridge systems are basically the same as for adsorption filters used in centralized water treatment. We will be glad to advise and assist you in design of your point-of-use systems upon request.
LENNSORB 102 is supplied in plastic drums, FIBC’s (“big bags”) or tank trucks in the specific quantities required by the customer. The product is not subject to degradation in storage and has a storage life of at least 1 year. The product must not be permitted to dry out (e.g. do not expose to intense sunlight).