Aerodyne - Dual Laser Trace Gas Monitor
Sensitive, rapid, highly specific and continuous measurements of multiple atmospheric trace gases in ambient air.
- Extremely sensitive detection of a wide variety of atmospheric trace gases, such as: methane, nitrous oxide, nitric oxide, nitrogen dioxide, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, formaldehyde, formic acid, ethylene, acetylene, carbonyl sulfide, acrolein, ammonia and others.
- Combustion monitoring and characterization.
- Isotopic monitoring of CH4 and N2O for source/sink characterization.
- Eddy Covariance measurements.
- Fast response plume studies.
- Air quality monitoring.
- Mobile measurements from ship, truck, and Aircraft platforms.
- Absolute trace gas concentrations without calibration gases.
- Fast time response.
- Free from interferences by other atmospheric gases or water vapor.
- Turnkey and unattended operation.
- Cryogen free.
- Ready to be deployed in field measurements and on moving platforms.
- Two lasers allow simultaneous measurement of more species.
- Optical pathlength of either 76 meters or 210 meters.
Extremely high precision and accuracy is obtainable with CW-RT QCLs.
Table 1 Some atmospheric trace gases which can be monitored with CW QC lasers. For each species the optimal wavelength (cm-1), the nominal detection precision (ppt in1 sec) and the detection limit (2 sigma in 100 sec) are givenbased upon a sampling cell with pathlength of 210 m.
- Data outputs : Local storage, internet, RS232, analog output
- Data rate : 1 to 10 Hz (depends on specific instrument and vacuum pump)
- Instrument operation : Autonomous and/or remote control
- Options : Replacement lasers to access additional molecules On site training
Mechanical specifications for dual QCL
- Dimensions : 530 mm x 660 mm x 710 mm (W x D x H)
- Weight : 72 kg
- Electrical Power : 500 W, 120/240 V, 50/60 Hz (with Varian IDP-3 vacuum pump)
- Choice of 76 meter standard cell (V=0.5 liters) or 210 meter “Super Cell” (V=2liters)