Aerodyne - Mini Laser Trace Gas Monitor
Sensitive, rapid, highly specific and continuous measurements of atmospheric trace gases in ambient air. See the world's most precise nitrous oxide (N2O) monitors.
- Detection of a wide variety of atmospheric trace gases, such as: methane, nitrous oxide, nitric oxide, nitrogen dioxide, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, formaldehyde, formic acid, ethylene, acetylene, carbonyl sulfide, acrolein, ammonia and others.
- Isotopic monitoring of CO2, CH4, and N2O.
- Combustion monitoring and characterization.
- Isotopic monitoring for source/sink characterization.
- Eddy Covariance measurements for nitrous oxide and other trace gases.
- Fast response plume studies.
- Breath analysis.
- Air quality monitoring.
- Mobile measurements from ship, truck, and aircraft platforms.
- Simultaneous monitoring of N2O, CO2 (or CO) and water vapor with unprecedented precision.
- Our smallest QC laser trace gas monitor with electronics and optics in a single compact unit.
- Absolute trace gas concentrations without calibration gases.
- Fast time response.
- Free from interferences by other atmospheric gases or water vapor.
- Turnkey and unattended operation.
- Cryogen free.
- Ready to be deployed in field measurements and on moving platforms.
- Optical path length up to 76 meters.
Higher precision and accuracy is obtainable with CW-RT QCLs.
Table 2. Some atmospheric trace gases which can be monitored with CW QC lasers. For each species the optimal wavelength (cm-1), the nominal detection precision (ppt in1 sec) and the detection limit (2 sigma in 100 sec) are given based upon a sampling cell with pathlength of 76 m.
Local storage, internet, RS232, analog output
1 to 10 Hz (depends on specific instrument and vacuum pump)
Autonomous and/or remote control
Replacement lasers to access additional molecules
On site training
Mechanical Specifications for compact single QCL instrument
- Dimensions: 650 mm x 430 mm x 270 mm (L x W x H) (core instrument)
- Weight: 25 kg (core instrument)
- Electric Power: 500 W, 120/240 V, 50/60 Hz (with Varian IDP-3 vacuum pump)