Aeroqual - Model AQS 1 - Construction Air Quality Monitor
The AQS 1 Construction Air Quality Monitor is specifically configured to measure key pollutants found at construction sites simultaneously: multiple particle fractions (TSP, PM10 and PM2.5) and nitrogen dioxide (NO2).
TSP and PM10 emissions including silica dust are generated from bulk material operations, such as earthworks, demolition, crushing and grinding operations, and from soil and aggregate stockpiling. Fine particles such as PM2.5 are emitted in the exhaust from diesel-powered construction equipment.
Construction and demolition sites also generate NO2 and NOx emissions from industrial trucks, excavators, loaders, bulldozers, mobile cranes, off-road machinery and static engines such as pumps and electricity generators.
Site environmental managers, consultants and hygienists use the AQS 1 Construction Air Quality Monitor for compliance monitoring, to conduct environmental impact assessments, to meet requirements of Construction Environmental Management Plans and to ensure sensitive receptors, such as workers and the surrounding community, are not at risk from air pollution.
The AQS 1 system can deliver your total monitoring requirements including Noise, Vibration, Dust (NVD), plus gases and weather. Vibration sensors, noise monitors and wind sensors are easily integrated with the AQS 1, along with our remote data acquisition, for a complete measurement package for construction and demolition projects.
The AQS 1 can be configured to measure particulate matter (TSP, PM10, PM2.5, PM1) and up to three gases (O3, NO2, VOCs) simultaneously. For specific applications, see our other pre-configured AQS 1 monitors: AQS 1 Remediation, AQS 1 Urban, AQS 1 Smog.
The AQS 1 combines a robust nephelometer, sharp cut cyclone, and Aeroqual’s industry leading GSS ozone sensor technology. It uses a patented method to correct for ozone interference on the electrochemical NO2, a well known issue with all electrochemical NO2 sensors. In so doing, the monitor performs to Near Reference levels, producing data of superior quality to other sensor-based instruments.
The AQS 1 is a fully integrated monitor. Housed in a rugged, lockable weatherproof enclosure, it includes an embedded PC and full software system for remote technical support, data management and analytics.
The AQS 1 is supported by a global distribution network, meaning you’re never too far from a skilled technician ready to provide assistance and spare parts. In addition Aeroqual’s online training system is free to all our customers, meaning you can become an expert on your AQS system before it even arrives.
Once the instrument operating system is installed, Aeroqual Connect lets you access data, assess performance and diagnose faults remotely (if you choose to give us access, we can help with that too). Aeroqual Cloud offers even greater levels of convenience with enhanced browsing speeds, multiple user management, fail-safe backup, email and SMS alerts and access to your data even when your instrument is offline.
In future we will add new gas modules to the AQS 1 – to register your interest please tell us about your application.
- Measure the key pollutants present at construction sites
- Monitor particulate matter (TSP, PM10 & PM2.5) and nitrogen dioxide (NO2) simultaneously
- Highly accurate part-per-billion (ppb) detection of NO2
- Upgradable to measure VOCs, O3 if required
- Excellent correlation to US EPA reference analyzers
- Can be field calibrated for maximum traceability
- PM inlet heater to compensate for humidity effects
- Measures and reports data in 1-minute intervals with user selectable averaging
- On board storage for over 5 years of data
- Rugged weatherproof enclosure with solar shielding for very hot climates
- Quick set up and relocation in under 10 minutes
- Email / SMS alerts and FTP data export
- Plug and play environmental sensors (optional)
- Compliance monitoring; consents/license requirements
- Construction Environmental Management Plans (CEMP)
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- Industrial and occupational hygiene
- Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE)