Aeroqual - Model AQS 1 - Urban Air Quality Monitor
The AQS 1 is a compact ambient air quality monitor that targets specific pollutants in the urban environment. It can be configured to measure nitrogen dioxide, ozone and particulate matter, which are the most commonly measured pollutants in the urban environment.
Using Aeroqual’s patented sensor technology the AQS 1 delivers very accurate measurements at a price that is well below traditional ambient air monitoring equipment. At the same time its small size and lower price enables networks of greater density. By using this tool air quality professionals can gain new insight to pollutant activity in the micro-environment.
The AQS 1 combines a robust nephelometer, sharp cut cyclone, and Aeroqual’s industry leading GSS ozone sensor technology. It uses a patented method to correct for ozone interference on the electrochemical NO2, a well known issue with all electrochemical NO2 sensors. In so doing, the monitor performs to Near Reference levels, producing data of superior quality to other sensor-based instruments.
The AQS 1 is a fully integrated monitor. Housed in a rugged, lockable weatherproof enclosure, it includes an embedded PC and full software system for remote technical support, data management and analytics.
The AQS 1 can be configured to measure particulate matter (TSP, PM10, PM2.5, PM1) and up to three gases (O3, NO2, VOCs) simultaneously. Because it is modular, you may order the unit with just ozone for example, and add PM or another gas at a later date (without returning to the factory). For specific applications, see our other pre-configured AQS 1 monitors: AQS 1 Construction, AQS 1 Remediation, AQS 1 Smog.
The AQS 1 is supported by a global distribution network, meaning you’re never too far from a skilled technician ready to provide assistance and spare parts. In addition Aeroqual’s online training system is free to all our customers, meaning you can become an expert on your AQS system before it even arrives.
Once the instrument operating system is installed, Aeroqual Connect lets you access data, assess performance and diagnose faults remotely (if you choose to give us access, we can help with that too). Aeroqual Cloud offers even greater levels of convenience with enhanced browsing speeds, multiple user management, fail-safe backup, email and SMS alerts and access to your data even when your instrument is offline.
In future we will add new gas modules to the AQS 1 – to register your interest please tell us about your application.
- Measure the key pollutants of concern in the urban environment
- Monitor particulate matter (PM), nitrogen dioxide (NO2) and ozone (O3) at the same time
- Proven 1 part-per-billion (ppb) detection of O3 and NO2
- Highly selective O3 and NO2 measurements, no cross-interference
- Upgradable to measure VOCs if required
- Very high correlation to US EPA reference analyzers
- Can be field calibrated for maximum traceability
- Inlet heater to compensate for humidity effects
- Measures and reports data in 1 minute intervals with user selectable averaging
- On board storage for over 5 years of data
- Rugged weatherproof enclosure with solar shielding for very hot climates
- Quick set up and relocation in under 10 minutes
- Email / SMS alerts and FTP data export (optional)
- Plug and play environmental sensors (optional)
- Urban air monitoring networks
- National air monitoring networks
- Short term monitoring of ‘hot spots’
- Community exposure: epidemiological studies, microenvironment, residential, schools, hospitals
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- Weatherproof lockable IP65 enclosure with integrated aluminium solar shields
- Gas Inlet: Teflon, glass-coated stainless steel tubing, stainless steel fittings
- Gas Sampling System (brushless DC pump, sampling system)
- Ozone (0-0.5 ppm O3) GSS gas module with integrated zero cycle
- Nitrogen dioxide GSE gas module with integrated zero cycle
- TSP inlet and heated sampling tube
- Optional sharp cut cyclone (PM10, PM2.5, PM1)
- Particle Sampling System (brushless DC pump sampling module)
- Forward light scattering Nephelometer (range 0-2000 µg/m3)
- 100-250V AC power supply and 12V DC input
- Pole and wall mount brackets
- Communications: Ethernet, WIFI
- Embedded PC (Intel Atom, 1.6GHz, dual core, 2GB RAM, 32GB SSD hard drive)
- Aeroqual Connect instrument operating software
- Aeroqual Support, web-based software (free subscription, unlimited users)
- Documentation (Hard Copy: User Guide, Calibration Certificate; Soft Copy on USB stick)
- Manufacturer’s Standard 12 month Warranty
- Unlimited access to Aeroqual’s Online Training System