Aeryon SkyRanger - Airframe and Integrated Platform System
From Aeryon sUAS
The Aeryon SkyRanger sUAS, airframe and integrated platform, is based on successful customer exercises and missions around the world. Ideal for commercial, public safety and military applications, the SkyRanger offers: Up to 50 minute flight time. Single operator transport and deployment, no launch or recovery equipment. Reliable flight performance in demanding environments and high winds.
Integrated payloads and software solutions.
This Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) sUAS enables:
- Continuous eyes-on-target
- Operations in confined or hard-to-reach environments
- Low-risk launch and retrieval without peripheral equipment
The SkyRanger is suited for both land and maritime applications.
Field-tested and battle-proven, Aeryon small UAS set the standard for immediate aerial intelligence gathering by ANYONE, ANYWHERE, at ANYTIME:
- Intuitive touchscreen interface and advanced features, minimal user training
- Single operator transport and deployment, no launch or recovery equipment
- Reliable flight performance even in the most demanding weather conditions, when other systems cannot fly
The Aeryon SkyRanger introduces a new airframe and integrated system design to the Aeryon sUAS platform, based on thousands of hours of flight time and successful customer exercises and missions around the world.
Intuitive interface and autonomous capabilities – no joysticks required
- Point-and-click touchscreen navigation and camera control
- Dynamic flight plans including Follow-Me protection and AutoGrid mapping modes
Advanced optics and networking – smart imagery and seamless integration
- Stabilized, simultaneously-streaming
- dual EO/IR high resolution cameras
- EO: 1080p24 HD H.264 video, 15MP still images
- IR: 640x480 H.264 video and still images, white-hot and black-hot modes
- Low-latency all-digital network – 256bit AES encrypted streaming video to multiple devices, embedded geotags and metadata
- Beyond line-of-sight range – 1.9 mi (3 km) integrated capability, extensible beyond 3.1 mi (5 km)
Pre-assembled deployment –airborne in seconds
- Folding design protects payload & includes battery for powered standby
- Payload, battery, arms and legs are easily replaced in the field without tools
Rugged, reliable and capable –dependable in extreme environments
- Up to 50-minute endurance, continuous operation model
- High wind tolerance
- -40 mph (65 kph) sustained
- -55 mph (90 kph) gusts
- Ruggedized and weather-sealed
- Environmental temperature range
- -22oF to 122oF (-30oC to 50oC)
Aerial Intelligence at Your Fingertips
A Simple, Easy-to-Use System
The Aeryon sUAS platform enables any individual to collect professional quality aerial intelligence with minimal training.The Aeryon platform provides a host of advantages over traditional surveillance methods:
- Piloting expertise: Piloting the system is as easy as pointing at a map – no joysticks or pilot experience required
- Freedom of flight: The unique touch-screen interface allows you to fly beyond line-of-sight, or fly at night, without losing the location of your flyer
- Real-time digital video to any device: Low-latency, high-resolution video can be streamed to any mobile device
- System controlled positioning: Internally stabilized gimbals keeps the camera focused on its target
- Use any map: Can be based on commercially available maps, or generated real-time
High End UAV Functionality
Autonomous System Intelligence
The Aeryon platform is an all-digital software platform with advanced features previously restricted to full size unmanned aircraft. Automated features and advanced fly-safe controls enable safe, reliable operation at beyond line-of-sight range, as well as advanced networking capabilities and system extensibility.
- Plan your flight or fly ad-hoc: The system can autonomously fly a programmed flight path or fly in manual mode
- Integrated imaging payloads: All payloads are seamlessly integrated, with independent stabilization and Click-to-Aim™ camera control
- Hot-swappable payloads: Switching between payloads is simple with automatic connectivity, no tools required
- Fully secure digital network: The digital network and onboard data can be encrypted to ensure security, should the vehicle be compromised
- Smart batteries and charger: Flight time and battery minutes are displayed at all times.The system will return home and land automatically if user-configurable limits are reached.
- Interoperable: Ability to integrate the system with other IP-based network platforms
Built-In Safety Features
Flight safety is a priority, no matter the operating environment or project. The Aeryon sUAS platform offers superior safety over manned aircraft by removing the need for people to be onboard in potentially dangerous situations. With multiple built-in safety features, the Aeryon platform leads other sUAS with respect to safety.
- Intelligent fault handling: The system automatically detects potential issues – with configurable automated response behavior such as a return-home-and-land routine
- Automatic pre-flight checks: The system self-calibrates all of its sensors and performs self-tests prior to takeoff to check for errors
- No-fly zones: The system has the ability to set up visual no-fly zones
- Self-monitoring: Monitoring battery levels, in-flight wind speeds, and other system and environmental conditions are automatically handled by the system
- Battery communication: Battery minutes and flight time are displayed at all times.The system will return home and land automatically if user-configurable limits are reached.